Which pushchair from birth for London (and no car!)

(4 Posts)
mummysmellsofsick Thu 11-Apr-13 14:08:50

Second hand bee
Second hand stokke scoot

Depends if you want parent facing... I found we needed it so our maclaren was no good

TheYamiOfYawn Thu 11-Apr-13 13:45:59

Get a Maclarens Techno Classic (or XT) and a really good sling. A sling is much easier on public transport, and if you use it, then it doesn't really matter if your pushchair doesn't do rear-facing.

GrandPoohBah Thu 11-Apr-13 13:42:08

Try the pushchair topic - there are some absolute experts over there who will be better placed to help you smile

marushka82 Mon 04-Mar-13 10:43:55

Hi everyone,
I'm currently 19wks pregnant with our DC1 and although it's still quite early I started doing some research on pushchairs. And guess what? I'm totally confused (so much choice!) and I need your advice!

I'd like to buy a pushchair which would be suitable from birth, rear and forward facing and easy to steer.
We don't have a car (and don't plan on getting one just yet) so I think we don't need an integrated travel system (unless there's a great deal and pushchair and car seat can be bought in a bundle), we'll get a cheap car seat separately (I'm sure we'd only use it once or twice, once being when we leave the hospital).

I plan to do a lot of walking (no off roading, just London pavements!) and occasionally jump on the bus (and even more occasionally use the tube, although if that happens I will have DH on hand to help!). We'll probably be living in a terraced house flat, or 1st floor flat (more likely ground floor though!).

The budget is around £350 and we definitely cannot afford a buggaboo bee. I'd also prefer to buy the pushchair new, rather than on e-bay if possible.

I had my eyes set on M&P Sola but I read so many bad reviews about wheels falling off that I just don't want to risk it!
Now I seem to have narrowed it down to three candidates:

1) Maxi Cosi Elea - I read great reviews and it seems to have all we need. I know there are shops that have good offers on it, but the problem seems to be with viewing it irl! Does anyone know which London stores have them on display?
2) Britax B-smart 4 - again, good reviews for this one and the price is right (I also saw a bundle offer which included a car seat and carrycot, but again, where can I actually see it? I wouldn't want to buy it without testing it in the shop first)
3) Graco Evo - saw it in the shop and it looks fine, good reviews etc, the only thing that worries me are the plastic wheels - are they going to be an issue?

Phew, I realise this is a long post so congratulate yourselves if you got this far!
I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now