'older mnetters' colouring sheets quite complicated in a tube , with pens doodle????

(13 Posts)
Rosa Sat 23-Feb-13 13:40:56

I recall about the same ages as dd I was given a tube with 4 seasonal posters in, about 8 pens that never ran out and my friends had them as well. i want to say they were doodle art. Does anything like this still exist? Dd loved the mandala sheets and al the colouring books are rather young or aimed at budding artists...she just loves colouring!!!

BikeRunSki Sat 23-Feb-13 13:43:19

They were called Doodle Art, and I have a feeling I saw them on Amazon recently.

StillSeekingSpike Sat 23-Feb-13 13:43:29

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!! I loved these as a child- think they were called DoodleArt. My mum's friend used to send me them from Canada.
Not much help- but thank you for giving me a happy memory grin

VincenzaOfSaragossa Sat 23-Feb-13 13:44:11

I got something similar to Doodle Art for DD from Phoenix Cards - four posters in a tube. They didn't come with pens, but I bought her some Djecco felt-tips, which are brilliant.

VincenzaOfSaragossa Sat 23-Feb-13 13:46:49

This sort of thing, here

I can only see boy ones (though my DD would like them!), but they might have others too - I've just had a cursory look...

littlebrownmouse Sat 23-Feb-13 13:48:19

The pens were berol felt tips but they were white with drawings on the barrel of them.

RustyBear Sat 23-Feb-13 13:48:32

Yes, I remember doing one in my last year at university, when I'd finished my exams but none of my friends had yet. In fact, I found the tube in my Dad's loft recently, when we cleared his house, with all the posters from my uni walls inside.

You can get 'grown-ups' colouring books, but I haven't seen the posters for a while.

BikeRunSki Sat 23-Feb-13 13:48:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Sat 23-Feb-13 13:49:54

You have given me a flashback of having chicken pox in the late 70s, listening to Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty a lot and colouring in ridiculously complicated shape pattern sheets. Happy times smile.

RustyBear Sat 23-Feb-13 13:50:45

Now that Spike has remembered the name, I've found these

Rosa Sat 23-Feb-13 13:52:38

Thanks I have been searching Amazon as I am In Italy and can't see anything similar... I remember saving the Christmas one until last and I never did do it. sad. we used to go to friends houses and take them a do them together. The pens were superb. I know she would love them oh well on with the search. i might try the phoenix stuff when we are in the Uk this summer and are confined to home due to the 'excellent' weather!!!!! Thanks

Rosa Sat 23-Feb-13 13:53:39

Rusty fantastic... i have been on Amazon colouring books !!!!!!! Thank you...

Rosa Sat 23-Feb-13 14:00:24

Bikerunski.. Your link goes to a facebook page but thanks I am seeing if they post to Italy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now