Just ordered a GRAZE BOX, yay or nay?

(27 Posts)
MrsBombastic Sat 16-Feb-13 21:10:26

Been looking for ages and found an offer on savethestudfent.org for a free first box and half price 2nd box so I thought I'd give them a try.

Good idea or just a gimmick?

Whats the snacks like? Is this worth having long term?

(I thought they would be good to take to work)

Thanks peeps! x

Littlecherublegs Sat 16-Mar-13 10:54:51

You can get a free box at:

www.graze.com/uk/p/1F95RNP

Worth a try - if you dont like it you dont have to have it again (and you've had some freebies!) smile

MechanicalTheatre Mon 18-Feb-13 20:52:15

I hated all the chocolate things.

jazzcat28 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:51:28

Well I have a box a week delivered on a Monday to my office as I was spending almost £10 a week on crap from the work canteen/vending machines when I got the urge to snack at my desk (some of that spent on coffees too)

I like that they come with the nutritional values inside the box in a little booklet so I can work out how many WW points the whole box is/each individual punnet

Probably a gimmick but I see it as a cost saving for me personally at the moment, a lovely little treat to look forward to at boring o'clock 3pm and if I need to cut back I can cancel any time.

SilverSixpence Mon 18-Feb-13 20:50:56

The honeycomb flapjack is delicious. I packed a few boxes in my hospital bag and ate them after having DD. I agree they are expensive but I have allowed myself to order them until dd is 6w for late night snacks/to keep in my bag and they are v convenient.

Where do I buy the flavoured/yoghurt covered dried fruit if i want a DIY version then?

thixotropic Mon 18-Feb-13 20:45:08

Yummy, but seriously overpriced.

DifferentNow Mon 18-Feb-13 20:42:22

I had them for a month trial and went through the list of things you can choose from and removed all the things I thought I probably wouldn't like. I must have just left all the chocolatey things or something cause they emailed me to say that they wouldn't be able to send me any more boxes because the list of things left that I said I was willing to try wasn't balanced enough in their opinion!

MechanicalTheatre Mon 18-Feb-13 20:37:03

I like them but they're not worth £4. A lot of the stuff is shite as well.

The idea is nice.

catlady1 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:35:06

Most of the stuff is really nice, but not worth £4 unfortunately.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Mon 18-Feb-13 20:33:56

No, scottishmummy. sad I've just cancelled mine. They seem to taste the same every week for some reason. My last box had a blackcurrent overload, 3/4 contained them and they were sickly sweet. They just get boring. The breads are nice but they rarely send them and I get lumbered with yet more dried fruit and bloody seeds. I did tell them not to do this. They also charge your account between 1-3 days before sending out the box, which is a PITA if you're on a tight budget.

Nagoo Mon 18-Feb-13 20:33:24

I like them. I get one a week. It gets delivered to work and I stretch it out, stops me from spending a pound a time in the vending machine on pure sugar.

I liked the raisins that tasted orangey, have never seen those anywhere else. But even they weren't enough to keep me past the freebie period.

scottishmummy Mon 18-Feb-13 17:51:56

I make up my own wee pots,and take to work
Buy stuff from deli,it's cheaper
Are graze boxes as stuffed and plump as they look in the photos?

rainand Mon 18-Feb-13 17:44:49

I ordered them for a while - was useful for when at office. But I think I'd now finish them in a day, so useless.

scottishmummy Sat 16-Feb-13 21:34:18

Folk in my work buy them,IMO overpriced -can make self fraction of cost

Bedat10 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:29:02

I used to get them delivered to work and loved it when it was graze day! However I would tend to eat it alongside what I would normally eat, meaning I'd be eating spicy cashews totally unnecessarily at like 9.30am. It also made me graze more on the days i didnt even have a box! I lost weight when I stopped the boxes... They aren't that healthy...

DoYouMrJones Sat 16-Feb-13 21:27:38

I like them. Pretty much all my colleagues get one and I recently started. A few duds bu I think it's a nice treat.

The flapjacks do look yummy but they're so disappointing. You know on the picture the contents are so bountiful they're spilling out of the box? Its not like that sad

MrsBombastic Sat 16-Feb-13 21:25:14

I will try it for a month, if it's a rip off I will cancel it.

Thanks for the info/advice. x

MrsBombastic Sat 16-Feb-13 21:23:48

But the flapjacks look yummy especially the choc and honeycomb.. oh no, lol, hope they are ok.

I thought we got 6 options in our box but I just looked and there are 4, how disappointing. sad

Totally unrelated... but does anone else think the biscuit icon looks like a boob? grin

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 16-Feb-13 21:21:23

i got a free one
ate it in the course of a single evening while watching Little Miss Sunshine
it was quite nice, but no way would i have paid four quid for it.

My niece was obsessed last year, with sending everyone she knew, a graze box email voucher code thing. Mum and I got a couple of the boxes each, for free. We thought it was he most over-packaged, overpriced (ok we got them for free), tiny portions of 'food' that we have ever seen. The portions are far smaller than they look on the adverts and you get 4 little bags in a big cardboard outer box.

honestly you are just as well to buy some bags of nuts, seeds, dried fruit etc at the supermarket or health food shop, put it all in jars then tip a bit of each into a tub each day.

No way would I ever pay out money for them. Utter rubbish.

I liked the fruit/nut/chocolate mixes but thought cake and flapjacks were poor - dry and tasteless. I only get them if they email me a discount voucher to tempt me back smile

MrsBombastic Sat 16-Feb-13 21:15:52

I will def bear that in mind, thanks everyone.

I know that after the trial period they are nearly £4 a box! shock

I work 12.5 hrs shifts and need something to look forward too!

I've noticed they do tea and cake also..mmmmmm yum!

cookielove Sat 16-Feb-13 21:13:08

I like them, the cakes are yummy, i steer clear of the fruit ones cause i hate fruit, but i love most of their other snacky ones, they use to do breads which were also delish however they just informed me that they have stopped them <boo> but hopefully they will be back soon. smile

McPheetStink Sat 16-Feb-13 21:13:04

The price shoots up once you pass the trial period.

I cancelled as I figured I could buy a few months worth of nuts/seeds for a fraction of the price.

A bit of a rip off IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now