mobile phone - quick question

(8 Posts)
Notquitegrownup Thu 24-Jan-13 16:50:03

Quick and probably stupid questions. Ds1 has his first mobile phone on contract. phone has broken and - long story - the insurance people are trying to charge £50 excess on a technicality. He has his sim card and memory card. Can we simply buy another 2nd hand phone to pop them in and keep going with the contract?

(Trying to phone the shop, who never answer!)

Thanks

As long as it is unlocked to your network provider then yes.

Notquitegrownup Thu 24-Jan-13 17:01:28

Ooh thanks. Is that a question I have to ask to the person selling it, or to the network provider?

Whoever is selling the phone should generally say in the advert 'on T mobile' etc. You can pay to get them unlocked but I have always just used one on the sqme network.

Notquitegrownup Thu 24-Jan-13 22:10:19

Right, one last question. Is there an easy/legal way of getting a phone unlocked. Seller is a friend of dss, and a really nice lad - probably nothing dodgy at all - but how did he get his phone 'unlocked' - or don't I need to worry about that?

Huuuuuge thanks

NeverBeenToMe Thu 24-Jan-13 22:12:16

Usually we get ours done at a unit in the market - or a guy on a stall in the shopping centre. about a tenner iirc

Loads of shops in our town and shopping centre have signs up too.

Notquitegrownup Sun 27-Jan-13 21:33:05

Thanks. I'm very boring - do lots of online shoppng and only ever go into town for kids stuff. Looks v. positive re buying phone from mate though - many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now