Reusable Nappies...confused!

(5 Posts)
CackleALot Sun 20-Jan-13 22:26:11

Hi all, looking for some advice re reusable nappies for DC2. Tried a trial pack very briefly with DS but OH quickly put off by fleece insert confused

Looking to try again second time round but would love some advice re best nappies for...

Fitting newborn
Ease of use
Value for money

Thanks in advance smile

Salamanger Sun 03-Feb-13 11:05:09

I'm not an expert but find reusable nappies great. We got about 22 Motherease One Size used from ebay, with boosters (additional absorbent pads that popper inside) and wraps (waterproof covers). We ordered flushable liners (folded around booster so poop can be easily dropped into toilet), a bucket and net from Little Green Earthlets.

Our nappies are quite basic and were cheap being second/third hand but do the job and it saves a lot on disposables (though we still use these at night and when out as DD is a heavy wetter). They were too large for DD at birth (just didn't look comfy) and we started again with them at 6 months but really should have done it sooner as they seemed to contain explosive poo better than the disposables).

comprehensive info here

this site has a quiz

I think you need to spend a couple of evenings looking at forums and checking out the Youtube videos, then you can see how it will work for you.

You save money on wipes too if you cut up a cheap towel or fleece blanket (we also wash disposable nappy wipes and reuse them on bottoms).Once your baby is doing solid poos, fleece liners work well as the poo just drops off.

Good luck!

CackleALot Sun 03-Feb-13 23:31:00

Thanks Salamander, its all very confusing! smile

Fishandjam Sun 03-Feb-13 23:44:15

I used www.goreal.org.uk/ to find a local nappy rep who could advise me. She was great - we went through a number of options before I settled on a mix of one-size GroVia (outers with snap-in inserts) and Smartipants (similar but with a pad you put into a kind of sleeve). Really like both types. Dead easy to wash and dry too.

CackleALot Mon 04-Feb-13 21:53:22

thanks fishandjam smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now