Sleeping bag advice needed please!

(8 Posts)
bodiddly Sat 12-Jan-13 12:03:51

I am totally clueless when it comes to camping and sleeping bags etc but need to get one for ds for cubs sleepovers etc. He will have it as a birthday present from someone most likely - I don't want something too expensive but it would be good if it were reasonable quality to last a fair while. I've no idea what weight, size, style etc - can anyone advise me please?

colleysmill Sat 12-Jan-13 12:09:05

If you hop over to the camping topic there is a thread there about children's sleeping bags (sorry can't link on my phone)

I recently bought a Vango wilderness bag for ds which has a zippy bit you can extend as the child grows. Not used it yet but it looks quite snuggly and came in at 27 pounds on sale.

colleysmill Sat 12-Jan-13 12:12:20

Just had a look and its on page 2 on camping

bodiddly Sat 12-Jan-13 12:17:24

Thank you - couldn't see a camping topic!

bodiddly Sat 12-Jan-13 12:21:17

Found it! Thanks!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 12-Jan-13 12:25:19

Don't get a down one, they're rubbish when they get wet and a bugger to wash properly (he will spill drinks etc on it)

Make sure it is washable.

bodiddly Sat 12-Jan-13 12:30:27

Any idea what weight he would need?

colleysmill Sat 12-Jan-13 17:48:19

Glad you found it!

Not sure on weight - we went on the label which detailed the seasons it was appropriate for. We are planning to use it in our campervan rather than under canvas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now