memory foam mattresses??

(5 Posts)

I had back problems which are very much improved since getting a memory foam mattress, but I'm one of those that gets very hot in the night. I havent had a full nights sleep for ages because of this, except when Ive given up and gone to sleep in the spare room on an ordinary mattress. So much to OH's disgust one of our first big purchases this year will be a new mattress!
Shame because it is really comfortable.

lauriedriver Sat 05-Jan-13 09:09:25

Didn't realise they were so warm, I love a cool room when I'm sleeping & much to him indoors frustration I usually try to sneak the window open at night.

A memory foam might be the perfect compromise :-)

It is very warm, we got a single memory foam mattress for our dd's bed but she gets far too hot on it, I slept in her bed the other night(she has dragged out the co t bed mattress and sleeps on the floor she hates it so much) as dd was ill and I roasted. Usually I am quite a cold person

Sorry, a bit rambling, very comfy but very very warm!

RustyBear Sat 05-Jan-13 08:59:21

I've had memory foam for a year or so and love it. It is definitely warmer than a sprung mattress - I never have to use a hot water bottle any more, even on really cold nights, so if you are one of those that get really hot in bed you might not like it.

lauriedriver Sat 05-Jan-13 08:55:20

After waking from yet another nights 'sleep' with a sore back & feeling pretty grumpy we have decided to stop being tight jocks :-) & buy a new mattress.

I'd be interested to hear anyones opinions on memory foam. Not sure wether to go for that or a spring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now