contract ipad damaged- pls advise.

(5 Posts)
Mama81 Sun 09-Dec-12 18:28:12

well my OH talked me into signing up to an ipad contract with Vodafone earlier this year, no problem, as i find it so easy to use, and eductional for our three year old.
however she has dropped it on a tiles kitchen floor two days ago, screen has now cracked and isnt working.
We have home insurance in OH name, contract in my name, so cant claim through that,
SO- where do i stand- ie because the ipad came as part of the contract surely vodafone should help us some how, repauir it for a small charge (when i called them they quoted £150 to repair, well id rather buy a new 1 if i had that much to spare!)
Im happy to have the contract running, (if i had an ipad that works)

Madlizzy Sun 09-Dec-12 18:36:28

have you tried to claim via the home insurance? It's worth a go.

tazmo Mon 21-Jan-13 11:15:40

Hi I cracked the glass on my iPad with retina display - was new and cost 690. Got it repaired on home insurance as we had accidental damage cover. Had to pay the excess. Luckily only 50 quid. Ours was joint insurance. Got quoted 250 quid from apple for repair so 150 better. Unless u got extra insurance to cover damage to Vodafone, not sure you'll get it for free and I know the glass damage was not covered by apples 90 d warranty - may be worth checking with them first. Hope it gets fixed soon

sedgieloo Fri 25-Jan-13 17:40:55

Ours is covered on the home insurance, at you sure you cannot claim? Would they want to see the contract? I'm assuming you share a home. Just to add I have a gumdrop droptech cover and its pretty toddler proof. I don't even check it when it gets dropped.

andadietcoke Fri 25-Jan-13 17:48:55

Someone at work shattered their iPad and got the screen replaced from some place on the Internet. It was about £70 and they arranged for courier delivery to pick it up, and sent it back the same way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now