WARNING - IWANTONEOFTHOSE.COM

(16 Posts)
Ermagherd Thu 20-Dec-12 20:30:27

Please other people be warned. Nobody should go near this website.

I have had no response to emails for missing order (nearly £60) and when tried to contact customer services by phone, get the 'your phone call is important to us" and spent half an hour 'waiting in a queue' (at 5p a minute!).

Ermagherd Tue 18-Dec-12 17:38:58

Wish I had seen this earlier sad. Just posted this"-

Mr "Customer Service Person"

As stated before, I submitted the order on the 30th November 2012, NOT, the 4th December. The fact that your useless internal procedures 'despatch' an order some 5 days later is not my concern.

Indeed, the previous email I received from a customer services team stated that the date of further investigation would be 16th December. Yet, here you are saying that something can only be done today. Does anybody there know what they are doing.

Incidentally, the verb despatch means "Send off to a destination or for a purpose". This means the goods should have been on their way on the 4th December yet your hilarious 'tracking' system say they sat for another week waiting for 'international despatch'. Is the order going off on holiday without me? Do the goods even exist or is this website a fraud?

Since not receiving my order I have checked reviews of "IWOOT" and they make quite appalling reading. They without fail note that you are quick enough to take the money and then orders disappear into an abyss of non-communication and excuses. Sound familiar??

Are the goods in transit? Do they even exist? Why should I 'hand write' a form and email it back to you. I have been in contact with you concerning the notable absence of my order for a number of days now. If the goods are not going to be delivered and you have been holding onto my money fraudulently then I am extremely concerned. What about the inconvenience of having ordered goods which will now need to be replaced at this late stage.

Mr "Customer Service Person', I would like to believe you are doing your job to the best of your ability in difficult circumstances. In which case I hope your CV is up to date because if this is how IWOOT is conducting itself, then it will merely be a matter of time before it goes bankrupt. I would suggest that you look at the appalling reviews and decide if IWOOT is the type of company you wish to be associated with and the effect this may have on your future career.

So I would ask once again "Where is my order?", did it ever exist? Was there any intention of providing goods in exchange for the money taken from my bank account?

I look forward to hearing from you

Ermagherd

pud1 Mon 03-Dec-12 21:41:09

I remember spending hours on hold to them a few years ago when my boss did his entire Xmas shopping with them. They were a nightmare

ViperInTheManger Mon 03-Dec-12 21:32:14

Wow, I must be lucky. I have had an order from them earlier this year and have just had 2 items delivered last week with no problems at all.

Hope you get yours sorted.

donnie Mon 03-Dec-12 21:30:07

trikken Mon 03-Dec-12 14:36:02

they used to be brilliant but have really gone down hill. its a shame as I like their stuff.

donnie Mon 03-Dec-12 14:34:18

Bump
thanx Bore xx

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 03-Dec-12 12:19:28

Citizen's advice consumer helpline number here

hedwig2001 Mon 03-Dec-12 12:06:36

If you paid by credit card, it is worth taking it up with them.

FlappingToad Mon 03-Dec-12 12:03:07

I am still waiting for an umbrella which I ordered in 2010....yes, shysters.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Mon 03-Dec-12 11:55:52

I used to buy lots of stuff from them and never had any problems. Having said that, I don't think I've used them for a year or so.

UrgentSubconsciousDemandsBacon Mon 03-Dec-12 11:53:41

Didn't this happen last year/year before? They went bust and got bought out out IIRC? Vaguely remember a similar thread here a while back and was warned off them. Have not bought from them since.

Djembe Mon 03-Dec-12 11:48:16

Yikes. Have never used them, but have often seen good stuff on their website. Not a good time of year to be giving bad customer service to a MNer - will give them a wide berth as I commence my mad rush of online Xmas shopping this week.

donnie Mon 03-Dec-12 11:46:02

Thanks BoreofWhabylon ( great name btw!) - I have emailed them again and told them I am making my complaints about them public - I don't hold out any hope though .

Trading standards a good idea smile

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 03-Dec-12 11:43:22

Looks like you're not alone - lots of complaints about them on their FB wall

www.facebook.com/iwantoneofthose?filter=2

Perhaps contact Trading Standards?

donnie Mon 03-Dec-12 11:36:34

Do NOT use this online company unless you want to be stolen from - they have not fulfilled an order I placed online weeks ago and do not respond to emails. There is nobody manning their phone lines either and I have wasted at least 25 minutes, in two or three stints, attempting to get through to them and being 'on hold'.

Does anyone else have any experience of these shysters? If nobody responds either by phone or email how am I supposed to get a refund on goods I have paid for but not received?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now