Could anyone help with some information regarding a Tablet please.

(3 Posts)
Catniss Wed 17-Oct-12 08:14:01

DD1 is wanting a tablet this year for christmas. Dh and I are thinking about getting one for her, but, to be honest, I don't know that much about them and Dh knows even less. I have a few questions if someone could help I would be really grateful.

Can you write documents on them?
Can they be hooked up to a printer?
Are they easy to use?
Are there many pros and cons?
Would a laptop be better in the long run for school projects/homework?

Catniss Wed 17-Oct-12 14:37:59

cornetjo Sat 20-Oct-12 21:43:55

I am buying one for my 10 year old daughter. It can be connected to printer if you have a wifi hub in the house, and also a wifi printer. They are very easy to use. You can also get a case/keyboard to make typing easier, which more or less turns it into a laptop. You can get full internet access, plus lots of other apps can be downloaded. I am not sure about whether you can write documents, I doubt it has Word, but there are probably lots of word processing apps you can download.

This is what I bought, and this is the keyboard

One warning, even though it is dispatched from Amazon UK, it is very chinese, and the handbook and font is in chinese initially but it is very easy to change to English.

I have had a little play with it before wrapping for christmas, and I am very impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now