IPad/Ipod Touch.......HELP!

(3 Posts)
Jins Thu 11-Oct-12 15:41:32

I would say an iPod touch as well. The mini iPad is due to be announced any day. No idea on price but it may try to compete with the google tablet and kindle fire.

I've got a google tablet and its ok but only ok. The kindle fire may be worth a look though as its very well priced

stopandgo Thu 11-Oct-12 15:36:32

I have three DCs, the eldest got a tablet last year and although it was good, it wasn't as good as the apple products. If you aren't comparing then a tablet might be better/cheaper for a child, but DD (age 11) ended up saving towards an iPod touch anyway (she had used mine) and now uses that, no problems with screen size.
DS1 then bought my old ipod off me and plays games on it more than the Wii now. Having them all on apple means that they can play the same games eg Dragonvale, and discuss them.
I guess it is a personal preference too, but for my DCs having the same type of device is better smile

lexie01 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:45:37

I will start by saying that I am a bit of a technophobe when it comes to these devices so I am looking to fellow MN's for some advice.

My DD1 is having an Ipad for her birthday. The problem is DD2 has her birthday quite close to DD1 and also wants an Ipad. However she is much younger and I am unwilling to invest such a large amount of money into what will effectively still be a 'toy'.

I have been looking at other devices for DD2 but to be honest I haven't a clue. She likes listening to music so I thought perhaps an IPod Touch which would give her access to games and other apps as well. However the screen is quite small. Would she better with a cheaper tablet? I have looked at the Samsung ones which retail about 199.00 but are they any better than an IPod touch? Aargh - I am very confused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now