Younger children's shoes, clarkes/ startrite alternative

(9 Posts)
GoingforGoingforGOLD Wed 12-Sep-12 14:31:29

Ds is 3. I've looked at both Clarkes and startrite and they are d u l l

There used to ve a website called lillifoot that did other, more interesting makes but I can't find it anymore

Can anyone recommend other makes to look at?

Thanks

Have you tried bobux iwalk junior - ollipops website?

Happygirl77 Thu 27-Sep-12 18:41:35

You could try an independent shop (usually in nicer towns) which will stock a wider range. John Lewis or similar sells all sorts otherwise. I'm a fan of getting my kids properly measured then looking online for lovely shoes (eBay has a lot, many new...)

sleeplessinderbyshire Thu 27-Sep-12 18:43:53

DD started out in Aster and has since had a mix of start rite and pepino. I always go to smaller independent shops. She has v narrow feet so I am limited a bit. If your child has normal/fat feet there is tons of choice out there

sleeplessinderbyshire Thu 27-Sep-12 18:45:05

This site looks fab

http://www.liquoricelaces.co.uk/short-boots/c20

not bought from them (yet) though

FairyPenguin Thu 27-Sep-12 18:47:56

Hush Puppies and Ricosta do nice designs. Our local independent shops stock them.

AuntPepita Thu 27-Sep-12 18:52:43

Ecco are fab, agree about Clarks and startrite

Go on smallable.com and have a look. I warn you, they are expensive, but good to decide what sort of style you like.

GracieGirl Thu 27-Sep-12 18:59:45

My DD has some really nice Hush Puppies as the minute from a small independent shop. Jones Bootmakers stocks them too I think.

it really helps her not to get them mixed up at nursery. She can't read her name label in them as she's only 2 and when she's had Clarks shoes often there's about 5 kids with the same shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now