question about angelcare monitor

(6 Posts)
lucylookout Wed 05-Sep-12 19:20:41

Thanks ladyintheradiator, there doesn't seem to be an obvious solution to me either. Hopefully someone will come along to confirm whether I do have to turn it on/off, (which does seem a bit of a faff when I'm bleary eyed at 2am smile)

I am racking my brains as to what I used to do tbh - I used the Angelcare with my DS but he's about to turn 5! And I didn't use it with DD as she slept on me or DP for so long... DS was a frequent waker so what on earth did I do with the monitor - turn it off and then on each time?? Maybe - sorry I'm not much help but hope this bumps it up for someone with a less hazy memory blush

lucylookout Wed 05-Sep-12 14:45:57

Also (sorry!), if I take parent unit upstairs and turn it off whenever I feed ds, I don't know if that'll make the baby unit beep, which would be even worse than parent unit beeping from distance, and also how easy it is to turn the parent unit back on again (would I need to reselect things from menu etc).
Thanks!

lucylookout Wed 05-Sep-12 14:42:06

If I turn it off, the motion sensor won't work anymore. Did think about taking parent unit up but not sure how long batteries last (do you know?). It would need to be for 9 hours or so.

Could you turn the parent unit off when you go upstairs - or take it with you so you can turn it off when you pick DS up to feed?

lucylookout Wed 05-Sep-12 14:09:21

We have an angelcare monitor. The baby unit is upstairs in our room by cot. The parent unit is downstairs in living room. When I feed DS at night, I turn the baby unit off before picking him up, but that means the parent unit downstairs beeps loudly, disturbing DH and DS. Is there a better way of doing it? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now