Is the Silver Cross 3D pram liner the same as a linear freeway?

(11 Posts)
roses2 Sun 12-Aug-12 20:31:13

Hi, I bought a second hand linear freeway from ebay and it didn't come with the pram liner / mattress. There don't seem to be many for sale, although I have seen a few people sell liners for the Silver Cross 3D. Is this the same size as the linear freeway?

For the life of me I cannot find where to buy one new specific for my pram, although I have found this website which states they make custom made pram liners:

http://babymattressesonline.co.uk/products/mattresses-by-size/pram-crib-moses-basket-mattresses/koolmax-safety-mattress-for-silver-product.html

emsyj Sun 12-Aug-12 20:34:41

Have you tried Snunkie? www.snunkie.co.uk I'm not sure what you mean by a liner, but Snunkie make custom baby nests, footmuffs and pram hoods etc so they could probably make something for you if supplied measurements and description. I've never bought from there but have a friend who's got 2 full Bugaboo sets of hood, liner, nest etc and they are both absolutely beautiful (and they go in the washing machine).

roses2 Sun 12-Aug-12 20:39:53

Thanks, I will take a look at their website. This is what the original pram liner looks like:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290759563069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

emsyj Sun 12-Aug-12 20:47:31

It looks a bit like the babynest that my friend has for her Bugaboo - although that comes with a zip on/off 'lid' (if that makes sense). The Snunkie website is really awful (it has stopped me ordering more than once, just because I can't follow what you need to do at all) and headache-inducing, but there are albums of pics of their work on their Facebook page and you can ask questions and place any orders over the phone if you can't face the horrors of the website!

roses2 Sun 12-Aug-12 20:50:48

I just had a look at the Snukie website and they don't have any products in the Silver Cross section. I saw quite a few things that looked like the baby nest you mentioned if I can't find a replica of the original pram liner (it looks so cosy!). Thanks for your help smile

SecretNutellaMedallist Sun 12-Aug-12 20:53:35

The linear doesn't come with a liner like that. It's set up so it doesn't need it. The 3D has it so the baby can face the person pushing the pushchair and lie flat. The linear lies flat without any extras.

roses2 Sun 12-Aug-12 21:19:12

The silver cross website states it does come with the padded liner?

www.silvercross.co.uk/pram-systems/Linear-Freeway/ebony/

peanutMD Sun 12-Aug-12 21:26:05

The freeway linear doesn't come with a baby liner, unless they have changed it in the past 9 months as it lies flat and the apron on pops on to enclose it.

I think the linear sleepover comes with a liner but that's a totally different set up.

Babylj2015 Thu 31-Jul-14 00:46:43

I'm looking for the same thing it comes with it from mother care but I brought mine 2nd hand I really want it

Babylj2015 Sun 03-Aug-14 19:08:54

Hay I asked in mothercare about this and they said they would order it for me . It is £50 though

mscherryviolet Thu 31-Mar-16 07:46:52

I know this is a super old thread but I have just purchased the silver cross linear freeway in pistachio and it came with no shopping basket, no raincover and no pram liner or mattress as stated on the silver cross website. So after alot of searching I have found a silver cross 3d pram insert and am going to purchase that to see if it fits. as for the rain cover and shopping basket these can be purchased through silver cross by calling 08458726900 and raincover is 25 pound and the shopping basket is 15 pound !! I cant seem to find anything about the pram liner and mattress, but there is no way I am putting my newborn into the shell that I have acquired! its hard and not suitable for a new baby at all!! if you find any information please let me know! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now