Has anyone bought a mini micro sprite scooter?

(11 Posts)
headfairy Thu 14-Jun-12 21:38:40

like this one? Are they any good. Would they stand up to a boisterous 4 year old who's been scooting for over 2 years and is rather destructive confident when he's scooting?

RillaBlythe Thu 14-Jun-12 21:42:35

yes - I just bought one for my 4 yo's birthday (off Ebay, about £20). She belts along in much the same way! Only had it a week though so can't comment as to whether it will stand up to her, but it feels well made. I had a cheeky ride on it & felt like it was up to it!

yes they're great. my 7 year old has one and loves it, he's had it since he was 5ish

headfairy Thu 14-Jun-12 22:07:24

oh good, I'm glad to hear that. I was tight fisted thrifty and bought a cheaper version from Halfords and after only four months it died a death. Ds is adamant he must have a two wheeled metal scooter now he's so grown up!

wearymum200 Thu 14-Jun-12 22:09:53

DS1 got one for his 6th birthday to replace his outgrown mini micro. It is so far indestructible despite his best efforts!

My DS aged 6 has one since Christmas and uses it for the school run as well as fun at the weekend. My DH has also used it several times to show DS how it is done. DH was a skater in his youth but fell comically on his arse when demonstrating to DS! They are expensive but totally worth it IMHO.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 16-Jun-12 14:04:11

My 12 yo has had one for 4 years. When in primary school he used it every day. After 3 years we got a new back wheel as the bearings had worn. Great little scooter.

RillaBlythe Sat 16-Jun-12 14:28:45

Yes, we've had to get a new back wheel for the much loved & much abused mini micro scooter for the same reason. It did 2 years of daily use before that though.

Stex976 Tue 05-Feb-13 11:29:06

You can just replace the bearings (get the same size bearings on ebay, mine was 608-ZZ ABEC-1). Also ABEC-3 or superior is OK as this only indicates the quality (speed) of the bearings, the higher the better.

constantnamechanger Tue 05-Feb-13 11:35:00

lalalonglegs Tue 05-Feb-13 12:05:33

We have two, they're great, very smooth to scoot on. Because the handle is adjustable, I sometimes borrow one of them, they're very sturdy. Only problem is that if you carry them by the handlebar, the platform has a habit of spinning round and chopping you in the legs and it really hurts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now