Stationery lovers ... psst, over here to share your suppliers.

(362 Posts)

I need some new suppliers to support my habit. Where, other than Paperchase and Artbox, can I get notebooks, sticky notes and other supplies that will make you sigh with contentment? I need a fix ...

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sun 11-Mar-12 09:55:21

Oooh, reading this thread had re-kindled a long forgotten love of 'nice writers' and notebooks with crisp, thick, white paper and pretty covers.
Right. I'm off to check out everyone's links (credit card at the ready)!

lurkerspeaks Sun 11-Mar-12 10:02:48

I'm a pen addict and buy all my pens from www.cultpens.com.

I've just ordered a big batch of different kinds to experiment with.

Stationery wise I admit to tending to buy when away on holiday - I have beautiful notebooks from liberty, shanghai tang and il papiro and correspondence cards from liberty, il papiro and the metropolitan museum of art.

YouChangeWithTheWeather Sun 11-Mar-12 10:11:22

www.thepaperie.co.uk/

The altar I worship at.

thecarbonaraPan Sun 11-Mar-12 10:16:50

Crumbs! I thought I was a bit over-commited to my stationery needs. Until this thread. In a drugs analogy, I've been doing the odd spliff. Some of you are main-lining crack.

And I am clicking. We have a Paperchase in central M/c - for everything else it'll have to be t'internet.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sun 11-Mar-12 10:16:51

Lurker, liberty notebooks & correspondence cards??? I NEED them in my life.
Where can I buy them? My breathing has got a bit quicker with the anticipation of purchasing something so lovely!

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sun 11-Mar-12 10:20:29

Oh i get it, from Liberty.....are they liberty print though?

KateSpade Sun 11-Mar-12 10:35:45

I love stationary, I have about 4 pink parker pens, i just can't resist, especially diaries, notebooks, ect.

I especially like Promarkers for all my hand-drawn fashion illustrations.

Theirs only one place in my uni town, where they stock them and their like £4 per pen. shock but online their quite cheap...

KateSpade Sun 11-Mar-12 10:39:31

Oh, ladies. You haven't let me down. I have a high right now looking at the linkys <sigh>. I suspect this will be an expensive thread in the end!

Oh god, the liberty stuff. I need to give my bank card to DH, don't I.

Also funny stuff - someone brave enough to go overthere (unstylish emoticon) should tell S&B threaders about this!
www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/STATIONERY-AND-DIARIES/Fashion-Citation-Nifty-Notepad/69200

jinsei Sun 11-Mar-12 12:14:16

<sticks on virtual post-it note to mark place>

Adding my virtual page tag thingy...

I will come back when DH isn't looking I am feeling less poor. This could be even more expensive than Children's books threads (but not as expensive as the cake quiche, hopefully)

FatPatChatsBack Sun 11-Mar-12 12:41:01

I love notebooks, preferably plain rather than lined. Have found tkmaxx do a nice selection, picked up two Lisa Stickley notebooks ( both identical, as there were only two left and i couldn't bear the thought of anyone else having them) beautiful quality and so pleasing to the eye. Have a huge drawer dedicated to the storage of my unused collection smile

warmandwooly Sun 11-Mar-12 13:25:13

FatPatChatsBack-the Tk You mention sounds like my TK Maxx who has Lisa Stickley stuff in including pencils

differentnameforthis Sun 11-Mar-12 13:41:28

Can you buy stationary online? I can't. Not even pens.

I need to look at them, hold them & test them. If I need a journal/address book etc, I need to look at the pages, flick through them..

<shame>

I agree - need to touch before buying.

jendifa Sun 11-Mar-12 14:31:49

Oh my goodness, this thread has made me so happy! I like independent stationary shops. There are a few near me though that I think are chains - Smithsonia is good.

juneybean Sun 11-Mar-12 14:35:54

You The Works has some gorgeous notepads, I got one with a picture of two little girls, think it's called Milly & Macy? So cute! and so cheap

juneybean Sun 11-Mar-12 14:36:03

Oops you know ^

juneybean Sun 11-Mar-12 14:40:38

and I meant "molly and macy" ... fail.

EvenBetter Sun 11-Mar-12 14:51:18

I need nice paper!!
I have pen pals (nerd) who gave all sorts of gorgeous printed paper-landscapes, borders with gorgeous patterns, mad Japanese paper. But NOTHING here. It needs to be A4 sized and lots of it.
At the minute I'm just using coloured paper & decorating it myself. Paperchase only has boring paper, but nice colours & there's no Wilkinson or anything like that where i live.

Not too obsessed with pens as I'm left handed and write 'upside down', so everything is a smudgy mess

Ooh has anyone seen any nice in-tray type things at any of these places? I had some nice ones from John Lewis (black, with black and white London skyline photo inside) but I need some more and they've stopped doing them! I hate the usual ugly wire or plastic trays.

ChippingInNeedsCoffee Sun 11-Mar-12 15:08:12

Lots of lovely links smile

If you want to be a 'proper' member of The Stationery Addicts Support/Motivation Group, though, PLEASE make sure you all spell it right. smile I am also a fan of sitting still but this is about stationEry, not being stationAry. Sorry but I couldn't let it lie. smile

See, I like Muji for trays etc but they would be too boring for you, Inigo. Gosh, I love Inigo M almost as much as I love notebooks so I am now doubly excited!

blush grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now