Got a q for Miriam Gonzalez Durantez? ×

book banding guide

(83 Posts)

Someone very helpfully directed me to a website which contained a guide to how schools band books according to colour and despite huge googling efforts I can't find it.

It shows concordance between the ORT levels and all the other reading schemes.

TIA!

Terrible sentence. I mean someone once guided me to the website and I can no longer find it.

hello!

LIZS Mon 20-Oct-08 16:29:41

iirc it was on a dyslexia site

dramaqueen Mon 20-Oct-08 16:41:54

Thanks but no that wasn't it. It showed which books were sorted into which colour bands in primary school. So there might be an ORT 3 with a storyworlds 5 all in, say, yellow band.

It was so helpful, I wish I'd saved the link.

any evening posters with The Knowledge?

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 20:57:00

It was on one of the other threads IF; I remember it too. Guess you have tried searching on MN?

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 21:00:46

It is linked to by ReallyTired towards the end of this thread - I can't get link to work properly, you may be able to

Thanks Hula, I'll try now.

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 21:05:45

Link does work, I just don't seem to be able to link to it on here.

I found that one, it was helpful with the ORT books but there was another one which linked other books to the book bands.

I'm curious because dd seems to be on 'turquoise' level at school and I wondered which other books at the right level I could introduce her to. I don't even know if turquoise level is right but I thought if I saw a list of titles I could work out if she is on turquoise level.

castlesintheair Mon 20-Oct-08 21:09:12

That's interesting. Can someone tell me what National Curriculum Level 2B means?

Nope, haven't got a clue. Sorry, I'm constantly confused!

What's happened to mrz???

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 21:21:53

I think it used to be here but link no longer works.

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 21:25:40

IIRR

By end of Y2 most children will be at Level 2. 2B is the norm. 2A is higher than 2C I think.

Obviously some children will not be at this level also. Some will reach it before end of Y2.

castlesintheair Mon 20-Oct-08 21:27:59

Ah thanks Hulababy, as in the STATS grading.

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 21:30:38

IF - Is this any use to you? It isn't coloured coded, but it links to NC level (which you can match up from the other list - colour and NC level).

Hulababy Mon 20-Oct-08 21:30:56

Yes, linked to SATS

ListersSister Mon 20-Oct-08 21:32:12

This is the ORT within Book Bands if that helps...
ORT book bands

The Grid one Hulababy linked to doesn't exist anymore, but showed Book bands linked to the NC/SATs levels - ie yellow was 1c, Gold was 2a (I am making those up by the way, no idea which colour was which level)

hth

nell12 Mon 20-Oct-08 21:32:44
nell12 Mon 20-Oct-08 21:40:19

The book I mentioned has all the different colour codes in it (a different colour for each sub-level or thereabouts)

That could be good hula but I don't know which level dd is on. I know she's reading stage 8/9 books and I think that's turquoise but I don't know if she's 2, 2a, 2c or any of those things. How can I work it out? I need to see some of the books she's reading on the list to know.

nell, that looks good but I'd like something online to look at.

ListersSister, that ORT list is the one hula linked to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now