best water bottles that don't leak?

(13 Posts)
woody3269 Thu 04-Sep-08 13:24:30

Hi, I havea water bottle for dd's new school, but I am worried that it will leak into her new school bag.

Can anyone recommend please a water bottle that keeps the drink cool and guaranteed no leaks?!

Thanks in advance.

pickie Thu 04-Sep-08 13:28:05

We used a wide range and they all leaked or were impossible to clean properly. We now use Sigg bottles and they have never leaked and are easy to clean (using their own bottle brushes though) Not cheap but very good.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 04-Sep-08 13:50:59

If she has a book bag she won't be allowed to put her bottle in there anywhere as most bottles drip and ruin the books.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 04-Sep-08 13:51:24

anyway

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 04-Sep-08 13:51:26

anyway

mumto2andnomore Thu 04-Sep-08 17:38:39

We havea cheap one from ikea, its a rectangular shape, best one we have had for not leaking and was 75p I think !

jsgirl Thu 04-Sep-08 21:34:21

mumto2andnomore - can't find the one you're talking about on the Ikea website. Do you know if they still do them and is it a clear one? Have tried various different bottles for DS1 and I'm fed up with them leaking. Thanks.

MsPontipine Fri 05-Sep-08 00:31:21

Matalan - "Systeme" or something like that - £2 and haven't let me down so far

MsPontipine Fri 05-Sep-08 00:31:26

Matalan - "Systeme" or something like that - £2 and haven't let me down so far

Furball Fri 05-Sep-08 07:04:41

I now buy a pack of 6 smaller bottles of the cheapest water from the supermarket and keep re filling the one bottle til it either gets lost or gets damaged which is quite a while. When that happens I move onto the next bottle in the multipack. Those bottles are far more leak proof than most.

bran Fri 05-Sep-08 07:13:20

Pickie, I used a Sigg in DS's lunchbox yesterday and it leaked. I'm going to go back to juice boxes as I just can't be bothered trying anymore bottles.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 05-Sep-08 07:16:57

i have a disney princess one dd1 uses for her dancing and it doesnt leak. it was from tesco.

i didnt get her a water bottle for school but she has just informd me "now remember when its my day at nursery i need to drink water" i had no idea what she was talking about untill shwe brought me her dancing bag and asked if her bottle was still in there.

i guess she did need a water bottle then blush

woody3269 Fri 05-Sep-08 13:31:49

thanks very much for message, might just try the cheap supermarket water bottle option and see how we get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now