Windsor schools - any experience (state or private)

(35 Posts)
ConfusedMover Sat 19-Jan-08 17:45:36

Does anyone have any experience of Windsor primary schools (state or private)? Upton House is our nearest (same streetgrin) or Queen Anne's is very short walk. Also considering Bishopsgate, St John's Beaumont or LVS Ascot as all the above have places (Queen Anne's won't know until beginning of Summer term). St Georges has long waiting list and I'm not sure we could keep up with the Polo at Papplewick (photos on website)!

LadyOfWaffle Sun 20-Jan-08 21:47:39

IMO Windsor has no good primary schools, when I lived there I went to St. Bernards Prep in Slough (private) then the grammer (not private, not state - VA). If money isn't an issie as suck, LVS and St. Marys are good (Ascot way) as is somewhere else that I cannot think of at the moment, i'll have a google. St. J Bs is also really good, been looking at that for DS, has a great reputation. Let me go find out the name of the other school, I'll report right back. Have you looked at the league tables/ofsted reports/ whoever does the ofsted version of private schools?

LadyOfWaffle Sun 20-Jan-08 21:50:34

Heathfields, that's it! Marist is good also, by rep. anyway, not sure about reports etc. but it's a convent, not sure if you want a "faith" school as such.

ScienceTeacher Sun 20-Jan-08 22:05:28

OP's child is a boy, so Heathfield and St Mary's not suitable

Are you still in the area, Waffle?

ScienceTeacher Sun 20-Jan-08 22:07:10

neither is Marist.

The area has loads of girls' schools, but hardly anything for boys.

ScienceTeacher Sun 20-Jan-08 22:08:44

She's still the Head of the sixth form, LF. She's my mentor, and a great teacher.

ConfusedMover Mon 21-Jan-08 06:26:15

Thanks for all your help everyone, you're right, there are many more good schools for girls.

I'll keep you posted once I've done my school toursgrin.

LadyOfWaffle Mon 21-Jan-08 17:28:38

Oh, I didn't read properly blush Yeah, still in area.

newgirl Tue 22-Jan-08 22:19:42

im glad to hear the girls school has improved and is a happy place

it didnt stretch much while i was there - not many people did a levels! still it was a long time ago and it did have good tennis courts

ConfusedMover Thu 13-Mar-08 15:19:03

Thanks for all your help. Our move has been brought forward so we had to make a quick decision after our visit. We've opted for St John's Beaumont, it just "felt" like the right school (and we're not RC)so fingers crossed......

G1234 Sat 08-Dec-12 18:14:35

Any information about Long Close in Langley

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now