Science kits

(5 Posts)
Whitemousse Wed 23-Nov-16 15:33:44

My 7 year old has started to enjoy making electrical circuits. I bought a kit from Amazon and he can follow the instructions where you can make several different circuits. Does anyone recommend what he can do next?

mrsmortis Wed 23-Nov-16 15:37:04

Not a kit but my DD who is also 7 get this magazine:
www.whizzpopbang.com/

There are experiments in every issue the use stuff you have at home (baking soda, vinegar, etc). I subscribed online and I get an email every month a few days before it is delivered with a list of what you need to do all the experiments in the new issue.

irvineoneohone Wed 23-Nov-16 17:41:08

Maybe you can find something here?

www.sciencemuseumshop.co.uk/

Ferguson Wed 23-Nov-16 20:40:46

It will cost rather more, but Lego and Technic do kits with scientific elements in them.

Also Raspberry Pi computers teach children a lot, but at 7yrs will probably need adult assistance. (Always assuming the adults can manage it!)

Growingpeopleme Wed 23-Nov-16 22:05:05

The science kits by Thames & Kosmos are really good and range from £20 up and cover different areas. All have great detailed easy to follow instructions with lots of experiments/ circuits etc with whatever the kit includes. Also I have girls so like that they don't gender kits for boys and girls. Mine are a nerdy 5 and 9.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now