Anyone's child gone from well behaved to not so in their new class?

(2 Posts)
wonderstuff100 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:27:56

DS 7 has started in year 3 and has been in trouble a lot so far for not putting his hands up on the carpet and talking whilst on it. I've spoken to him about it and he says his behaviour has got worse since year 2 but he doesn't know why. His previous feedback for the past 3 years has been behaviour fine but he does give up easily and can tend to have problems listening and following instructions (He's currently waiting to be be observed for dyspraxia,which his teacher knows about).

He is now on a behaviour book (2nd day) that they send home every day with updates about his behaviour and it seem to consistently be the same thing,calling out despite being reminded not to and talking on the carpet. He doesn apologise after he's told to stop shouting out.

I'm starting to get really stressed about it as nothing seems to be working. Half of me thinks it could be that his teacher doesn't get him. She seems to give him warnings,but no chance to redeem himself. She doesn't seem to be taking on board that I,and the SENCO at the school,think there's a reason his listening and processing skills aren't great. When I had a meeting with her the other day,I asked what she suggested we do,and she didn't know. So I suggested the home book. I don't want to come across as a precious mother and I know it can be frustrating to have to ask a child to do things more than once (I'm a teacher myself) but I also understand every child needs to be treated on their own merit.

Anyone ever any advice?

wonderstuff100 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:28:54

That should read he DOES apologise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now