If your DC started a new school in September - how have they settled in?

(10 Posts)
PippaFawcett Sun 23-Oct-16 14:04:18

We moved house in the summer so our DC have just done their first half term in their new school.

DD, year 4, has settled very well academically into class according to her teacher at parents evening.

She has been on one playdate and we have had two at our house. She has also been invited on one this week - I was so pleased when she got invited as I have been worried about her being accepted into existing friendship groups.

No party invitations though, which might mean there haven't been any or it might mean she hasn't been there long enough yet as now is the time the numbers reduce on the invite list.

DS, reception, hasn't had any playdates yet so I must do that soon. He has joined the after school sports club though.

How are everyone else's getting on?

Gizlotsmum Sun 23-Oct-16 14:10:12

DS started reception and seems to have made friends.. he has also fallen off a wall onto his head and apparently does ' nothing' everyday if asked. DD hasn't changed schools but is doing well (yr 4) no party invites for either yet this year.. but parties were much smaller last year

Muskateersmummy Sun 23-Oct-16 14:19:33

DD moved up with many of her friends from preschool so that has helped her settle. It sounds from what she tells me that she is having lots of fun and she seems to have grown in confidence since starting.

PippaFawcett Sun 23-Oct-16 14:24:05

Gizlot - we get stories a few weeks later from reception DC but then they don't make much sense!

Muskateersmummy, that's lovely that she is settling so well.

hels71 Sun 23-Oct-16 16:47:36

DD is in year 4 and changed school in September following issues at her previous school. . She has settled in amazingly, has a great group of friends, is making great progress in all areas and is now happy and loving school. She even mentioned she was sad to be off for a week for half term. Wish I had moved her sooner!!

Tomorrowillbeachicken Sun 23-Oct-16 17:05:26

Very well but he's in nursery and he has the same teacher assistants and there has been some continuity. He's loving it and is disappointed he'll be home tomorrow.

TeacherBob Sun 23-Oct-16 18:02:30

DD is quiet but getting more confident.

Made some new friends but knew most from nursery already.

Teachers seem nice too (well I work with them, I have to say that right?)

TeacherBob Sun 23-Oct-16 18:02:58

(That was a joke about her teacher btw, they ARE nice)

She loves school too

TeacherBob Sun 23-Oct-16 18:02:59

(That was a joke about her teacher btw, they ARE nice)

She loves school too

PippaFawcett Sun 23-Oct-16 20:03:23

Hels, you must be so relieved!

It is lovely to hear that the reception DC are settling in too, I think we worry about it more than they do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now