SATS Scores: Above Expectations, what does that mean?

(8 Posts)
MidnightVelvetthe7th Sat 15-Oct-16 15:38:17

Just curious really, have been reminded of DS's SATS score on another thread but didn't want to derail that thread. Its not something I can ask other parents in RL without sounding like a twat.

So in Literacy DS received an Above Expectations score in his SATS. I know this because he brought all his school books home & I had a message on Class Dojo from the teacher asking him to bring all the books back in the next day as they thought he could attain an Above Expected score.

What does that actually mean? Is it a common thing? Does it mean that DS did well on the day or does it mean he has an aptitude for the subject?

mrz Sat 15-Oct-16 16:02:09

Sorry I'm confused there isn't a literacy test in the SATs.

Possibly it means the teacher is considering assessing him as "above expectations" for the work in the books?

MidnightVelvetthe7th Sat 15-Oct-16 16:07:13

Ah thanks mrz, I must be confused smile I thought they wanted his literacy books back but I think he took them all back in. This is how clueless I am about them!

mrz Sat 15-Oct-16 16:08:05

Which year group?

MidnightVelvetthe7th Sat 15-Oct-16 16:15:12

Year 6 last year, he's just started secondary this September smile

Mishaps Sat 15-Oct-16 16:25:17

The government sets expected standards for each age, which is totally bonkers as it is the same for everyone, even those with special needs.

mrz Sat 15-Oct-16 18:06:36

Think score of 111 or above in tests was judged as above expected

PurpleAlerts Sat 15-Oct-16 18:45:41

They are probably due an OFSTED inspection and want the books as evidence of pupils progress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now