Durston House or Falcon Boys?

(2 Posts)
EalingMum7 Thu 13-Oct-16 16:19:32

Hello all - I am currently looking at enrolling my son in pre-prep at either Durston House in Ealing or Falcon Boys in Chiswick. The schools seem to have a different ethos and the leaver results are quite different - Durston House seems to mainly have leavers attending St Pauls or Merchant Taylors - whereas Falcon Boys send boys to a more widespread selection of schools. It would be great if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about either or both of these schools - any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

catchastarx Thu 17-Nov-16 23:33:52

I'm in exactly the same situation! smile I visited both schools and got a very good feeling about Falcons. The boys were engaged, actively participating in class and the building was full of light. This contrasted with our visit to Durston House, where the boys looked bored and uninspired by their lessons. The school also suffers from space constraints and we thought it felt cramped. We also got the impression that Durston boys are heading to Merchant Taylors in droves, because of the headmaster's good relations with the MT headmaster, and that the number leaving for St Paul's is actually falling ( don't know whether it's because MT has gained popularity or that MT is easier to get in because of the aforementioned relationship). I would love for some Durston House mums to offer some insight as Durston is so close to our house and the ideal choice in terms of the school commute. It would also be the most convenient school for play dates after school as most of the boys would be from Ealing where we live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now