In Year School Transfer/ East Grinstead primary schools

(3 Posts)
swilkinson Wed 05-Oct-16 14:03:37

Hi everyone,

My daughter in currently in year 1 at a school in South Croydon and we're in the process of moving to East Grinstead.

Has anyone had any experience of transferring their children from one school to another?

All the schools we speak to say they are full. I'm planning to view them all anyway and will fill in the forms via the council to transfer her but what if there are a) no places or b) only spaces at a school we don't like?

Would we keep her on at her current school until a place became available or do we have to take whatever we're given?
My daughter's quite anxious and shy generally so I only want her to move schools once and want it to be the right place for her.

Any experience anyone has of moving schools in general would be great, And of any info on primary schools in East Grinstead would be gratefully received. I have seen some info on EG schools but the thread was a few years old.

Thanks very much in advance xxx

prh47bridge Wed 05-Oct-16 14:23:10

Would we keep her on at her current school until a place became available or do we have to take whatever we're given

The council cannot take away your daughter's place at her current school just because you have applied for other schools, even if another school is offered. She can stay at her current school until you accept a place at another school. The council cannot force you to accept an offered place - that is always your decision.

swilkinson Wed 05-Oct-16 18:49:17

That's great to know, thanks prh47bridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now