primary schools Winchmore Hill / Southgate

(3 Posts)
Emmaplusone Mon 26-Sep-16 15:01:18

Hi there,
I'm looking at two schools in WH / Southgate area. St Monicas and Highfield. Just wondering if anyone has any experience / thoughts on either? (looking at past years intake we are in catchment for both and practicing catholics). Thanks!

JSpen Mon 26-Sep-16 20:14:41

My little one just started at St Monicas, it's a bit early to provide any personal feedback but so far so good! It's a lovely school and I have friends with children in other years and they are really happy with it. The catchment went out a crazy distance this year, nearly 4 miles I think which is unheard of, it's usually on average 0.5-0.6.

I've heard Highfield has come a long way and is doing really well now. It used to be the school people got offered if they didn't get any of their choices but I think it's becoming more and more popular the catchment is shrinking. Think it recently got outstanding. Facilities and space are meant to be good, think it has a wider intake from different backgrounds / cultures.

I don't think you can go wrong with either

Emmaplusone Thu 29-Sep-16 14:05:32

Great, thanks so much! Yes they both sound good, we'll be lucky either way. We are about 0.2 miles from St Monicas so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now