United Kingdom dressing up ideas

(10 Posts)
fluffypacman Mon 19-Sep-16 17:19:54

Weds is European day and daughter can dress up in clothing that represents her class's country if she wishes (she's United Kingdom). Prize for the most creative. I'm not crafty nor very creative with ideas. What can we cobble together from bits at home. I'd like to incorporate the emblems of Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland somehow. Leeks, thistles etc. Help!

irvineoneohone Mon 19-Sep-16 17:56:15

I am a foreigner, so what comes into my mind when I think about dress up as "United KIngdom" is,
Queen, King, Robin Hood, Shakespeare, Knights, Peter Pan, Sherlock Holms? I can't think anymore.

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Mon 19-Sep-16 17:58:37

Nigel farage?

WindPowerRanger Mon 19-Sep-16 17:59:28

Britannia: shield, lance, toga-style dress and a tiara. Throw a toy lion in for good measure.

Woad-covered ancient Briton in a fake fur loin cloth. Messy air with a rose, daffodil, thistle and ?shamrock stuck in it.

Boudicca-anything you like, no one knows what she looked like.

John Bull-padded big tummy, black hat, Union flag waistcoat, leggings and boots, red tailcoat of sorts, and ruddy cheeks. Add large piece of fake roast beef for extra character.

irvineoneohone Mon 19-Sep-16 18:07:46

Personally, if I was sending my ds in UK dress up, I would like to send him as in old fashioned heavy metal band, like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden! (shows my age grin)

WindPowerRanger Mon 19-Sep-16 18:34:49

Morris dancer?

fluffypacman Mon 19-Sep-16 19:35:54

Thanks all for your ideas. I'm struck by the brittania idea (iron maiden, maybe not so much grin) so think I could cope with that using an old sheet. You never fail me! I wouldn't inflict Nigel Farage on anyone.

fluffypacman Wed 21-Sep-16 19:58:00

She only bloody well went and won a prize for the Britannia dress up. 'Best dressed'. I think we may have peaked too soon. She's only in reception! Thanks guys x

WindPowerRanger Thu 22-Sep-16 00:30:11

Yay! I'm so pleased for her!

irvineoneohone Thu 22-Sep-16 08:03:04

Well done your DD! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now