Sheffield primary schools

(7 Posts)
101waystoworry Wed 14-Sep-16 21:01:49

Hello everybody! I am looking to move to Sheffield ASAP!! The thing is I have no family or friends who live there so I am clueless as to what to do ( I will be going to Sheffield uni next September hence the move). Can anyone give me any advice about good schools and best areas to live, I will be renting and most likely housing benefit to begin with so not too expensive! I have a 4 and 5 year old smile Thank you for any help!!

BarbarianMum Thu 15-Sep-16 13:43:36

Most Sheffield Uni students live in Broomhill, Crookes, Walkley, Banner Cross and Hunters Bar. These have good primaries but are expensive areas to rent in. In your position I'd look at Meersbrook, Norton and Woodseats, checking the school catchments against potential rental properties (council website will help with this). You'd have further to travel to uni from these areas but housing is cheaper and they are family friendly areas with shops, parks, swimming pools etc.

101waystoworry Thu 15-Sep-16 17:58:22

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Footle Thu 15-Sep-16 21:32:52

Walkley is the only one I can comment on. GCs there for years now and it's been great.

Hulababy Thu 15-Sep-16 21:40:14

I would recommend S10 and S11 areas to live. There are a good range of schools in those areas, and you will be close to the university.

Hulababy Thu 15-Sep-16 21:41:02

will you be eligible for any of the university accommodation?

101waystoworry Fri 16-Sep-16 16:01:53

Hulababy I don't think so! Thank you I will look into those areas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now