Newton Prep 11+ results in 2016

(2 Posts)
Pyra Tue 06-Sep-16 12:47:25

I am looking for advice from parents whose children attend Newton Prep school in Battersea. I looked up the 11+ results for this year, and in general they seem to signficantly lag previous years' results in terms of destination schools. Is anyone aware of structural reasons which may have led to this, or do you think it is just an off year. My daughter has just started at Newton Prep (Lower School), and I would like to fill gaps in my knowledge about the school, its approach and ethos. Thank you.

tinkerella1 Tue 06-Sep-16 17:35:57

The year group was much smaller than usual. 17 fewer pupils than the year before so 17 fewer destinations. They started reception as a much smaller year group as they knew they had to move them into a temporary building that replaced the old Lower school building. Year 1 and nursery were housed in the temporary building and both had smaller intakes that year. They had the usual joiners but that didn't make up for a smaller initial group. Its a knock on effect from a few years back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now