How quickly do tutors book up in you area?

(4 Posts)
ag123 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:41:33

I am in North London. I just signed my 4 and a half year old up with a tutor who is apparently very good... He hasn't even started reception yet... He was number 26 on the list!! She doesn't start the tutoring til y4.
And I do realise that in signing him up I am buying into and perpetuating the insanity...

microscope Tue 30-Aug-16 20:49:28

N London is a mad microcosm where people tutor for the 3+ at the age of 2!

ag123 Wed 31-Aug-16 17:31:13

Yes that's what I was wondering, is it very much a N London thing or does that often happen with good tutors!

CreamTeaFor4 Wed 31-Aug-16 17:38:26

I registered with a tutor for 11+ tutoring when my DC were in yr 3. They met the tutor in yr 4 and again in yr 5, before the tutoring properly started - they only actually had 6 months of tutoring before the 11+ test. We're in SE England.

Tutor was very popular in our area and administered her own assessment test to see if the child had a fair chance. I was ok with this (she was experienced and didn't want time wasters or to give false hope, I wanted to make sure kids were academically strong enough to have a good stab at the 11+ exam).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now