any teachers who could recommend workbooks to prep for year 2?

(11 Posts)
babypeach Tue 26-Jul-16 15:08:29

Hi there

As title suggests I am looking for recommendations on some good workbooks to prepare my just 6 year old for year two.

There are so many brands I'm not sure what best reflects standard required. In her year 1 report she was exceeding expectations in reading and writing and at expected level for maths and science.

Thanks in advance!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LemonRedwood Tue 26-Jul-16 15:14:07

Following that report, I see no need to "prep" her.

Keep reading and talking about books. Very important.

And let her have a nice summer holiday.

babypeach Tue 26-Jul-16 15:29:52

Thanks both for replying.

She just very much enjoys workbooks (especially with stickers!) and last summer they were great on rainy days.

There are just so many types I thought it would be worth getting some that are the best reflection of what she'll be doing in September.

We do lots of reading (especially when 9 month old is feeding every 2 hours still!) but she has her eye on frozen themed workbooks so perhaps will just get her those.

That1950sMum Tue 26-Jul-16 15:32:04

Leave her be.

Go to the beach.

irvineoneohone Tue 26-Jul-16 15:37:35

My ds loved workbooks too. (Now he is more into online learning.)
I let him choose the ones he liked at store.
As she is advanced and doesn't have particular weak point, any wookbooks she like should be good enough, I think.
!0 minutes a day won't spoil her summer holiday.

babypeach Tue 26-Jul-16 15:47:06

Yep the workbooks are only for when she wants to do them. I think she just enjoys the challenge and being able to tick off a page and get her stickers smile
Will just let het choose whichever she wants in that case thanks all x

charleybarley Tue 26-Jul-16 16:17:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jennielou75 Tue 26-Jul-16 17:10:04

I would look at the twinkl website as there is loads there and you can access it throughout the year so maybe cheaper in the long run.

irvineoneohone Tue 26-Jul-16 19:01:19

If she likes learning, I would recommend these websites as well. They are great, and free.

www.khanacademy.org/math

www.khanacademy.org/humanities/grammar

www.readtheory.org/

babypeach Wed 27-Jul-16 10:15:36

Thanks for all the suggestions plenty to keep her occupied there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now