Prep School!!!

(4 Posts)
TOXS Tue 14-Jun-16 12:59:18

Hi everyone, I am lost and I really need help. We are relocating to London next year and I am looking for schools for my 2 girls for year 3 and year 5. we are looking into renting a house close to any school we pick (ideal west but doesn't have to be), but the search is wide and confusing. My girls do well at school yet I wouldn't call them academic, so I am looking for a school more all rounded with good rates to secondary. Read about Hill House, Newton prep, Hampshire Chelsea and Nothing Hill. Yet all reviews date back to 2011!! Any direction is very much appreciated.
Thank you

Cleo1303 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:36:21

DD went to Hurlingham in Putney and really loved it. The music department is great if they are interested in that? There are four choirs, concerts and shows. There is always something going on and she had a lot of fun.

It is non-selective, but it is fine academically. Their list of offers for the past five or so years, including 2016, is on their website and they do get some pupils into the top girls' and co-ed schools, and to other good, less academic schools too. They are very good at pointing you in the right direction at 11+ time.

There are also the Thomas's prep schools, Parkgate, Prospect House, Fulham Prep, Finton House and Broomwood Hall.

As your eldest will be in Year 5 when she arrives I think you should also look at secondary schools. One or two secondary schools close their registrations as early as the Spring Term of Year 5 for 11+ the following January.

TOXS Tue 14-Jun-16 14:11:35

Both my girls study music (piano, cello and vocal) so that's perfect!! I will check them out! Thank you for the direction.. Very useful.
Thank you for bringing the secondary school up to my attention.
I will check that out immediately.

Cleo1303 Tue 14-Jun-16 18:41:12

The singing teacher at Hurlingham is absolutely wonderful. All the children love him because he is very encouraging. He is very good on musicals and has the children singing songs from Disney, Matilda, Annie, etc., and the Chamber Choir are very enthusiastic, work hard and sing beautifully. He really makes it a lot of fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now