Anyone else waiting on from primary schools?

(7 Posts)
cheekyfunkymonkey Wed 25-May-16 22:54:16

Just that really. I've not been through this before, but haven't heard a peep since being offered the place and believe kids are usually invited into school to meet the teachers/ classmates etc....I like information and am not very patient! confused

cheekyfunkymonkey Thu 26-May-16 10:26:56

Anyone? Or have you all had yours already?

RustyBear Thu 26-May-16 10:30:54

We've only had our confirmed list of new pupils in the last couple of days (though we are a junior school, not a primary)

Information will be going out to new parents about uniforms, paperwork and welcome sessions after half term.

BrightandEarly Thu 26-May-16 10:51:06

I think lots of schools probably won't get in touch until waiting lists have settled down. I've been told there will be quite a lot of movement still over the coming weeks (we are on a waiting list).

noramum Thu 26-May-16 11:10:45

It is half term next week and SATs were in May , most schools wait for the final list from the council, get all the rest out of the way and start with the new children when they are back on the 6th June.

I know it can be frustrating but May is such a busy months for schools so they wait a bit longer.

If your school has a good website you can find information about uniform on there and ideally a diary where they may put dates about information days/evenings on it.

BrightandEarly Thu 26-May-16 17:01:48

I think lots of schools probably won't get in touch until waiting lists have settled down. I've been told there will be quite a lot of movement still over the coming weeks (we are on a waiting list).

Andcake Thu 26-May-16 22:01:26

Emailed our school a day or so ago asking ... Got straight back saying they had only just got their list and would be sending info out within the week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now