Things that went better than expected...

(1 Post)
NeatandTidyTidyandNeat Wed 11-May-16 13:12:23

So, back in September I didn't really think we would survive starting school <melodrama-queen-face> but here we are, and this cynical old soul has to admit that the success of the year has been down to the efforts of an amazing (state) school. It's been a while since I saw a thread about the things we appreciate about our schools - is anyone up for that?

Here's my list:
- such a caring, nurturing attitude, with it being really obvious in the playground etc that the older ones have learned from teachers to be gentle and kind to new children
- the school newsletters showing they really reflect on how to support children with different needs (and the head introducing a therapy dog to work with children)
- great communication. The school uses an online learning journal, so I get regular photos and comments about what LO has done and learned. It's particularly good for those "Nothing" replies when I ask LO what they did that day grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now