4 days to go until offer day! What are the chances of letters being received tomorrow?

(20 Posts)
SugarSnapPeas77 Fri 15-Apr-16 08:58:41

Probably zero grin

My theory is if the letters need to arrive on Monday , they will be posted today , with potential of arriving tomorrow grin

We are awaiting places for our DD2 and an in year place for DD1 (we are new to the area).

Is anyone else excited ?

gruffaloshmuffalo Fri 15-Apr-16 09:03:34

I found out via email that my son didn't get into his first choice, we got the second.

We knew he probably wouldn't get into the first one, it's further away, but he goes to the nursery attached along with his younger brother. Instead he got in at the school less than 200 yards away, which I don't like. I'm aware how petty that sounds.

Now we need to come up with a plan for him going to school and a new nursery for our 2 year old.

SugarSnapPeas77 Fri 15-Apr-16 09:08:39

Sorry to hear that flowers

When did you get your email?

WakeUpFast Fri 15-Apr-16 09:11:17

I thought they sent the letters out on the date? I didn't receive a letter until 2 days after the offer day with dc1 about 4 years ago. I'll be checking online like a mad woman though on Monday!

TinyTear Fri 15-Apr-16 09:12:11

online checking for me on monday!

Lindy2 Fri 15-Apr-16 09:41:27

We don't get a letter at all here. It's all done online and by email.

gruffaloshmuffalo Fri 15-Apr-16 09:56:49

Email at 7am. I applied online if that helps?

The date for finding out was today so everyone around here will know soon

drspouse Fri 15-Apr-16 09:58:05

There's another thread about all this but:
The official offer day is 16th April (a Saturday). Some areas are doing it by email on that day. Some have chosen to shift it to the 18th. A few are shifting it to the 15th (today).

If you are hearing electronically (online or via email) then it should be sent out on your area's offer day, but not necessarily all together, and you won't necessarily be able to log in at midnight to find out.

If you are hearing by post (because your area only does post, or because you applied late) they seem to be posting ON the offer day i.e. if your offer day is the 18th your letter will go in the post that day (probably by Extra Slow Second Class).

tiggytape Fri 15-Apr-16 10:07:50

As drspouse says, because National Offers Day falls on a Saturday this year, different regions handle that in different ways.
Some send offers out on Saturday with letters to arrive Monday.
Some send emails Monday with letters arriving next Tuesday.
And some seem to have sent their emails out overnight with the letters arriving tomorrow presumably.

If it helps anyone, London and Surrey will have their results on the eadmissions site from 5pm on Monday. You can to log in to view the results after 5pm even if your actual email hasn't arrived by then (the emails are sent out in batches so can take a while to filter through).

TinyTear Fri 15-Apr-16 10:36:26

5pm only!!??
Oh nooooo the suspense!

(can you tell it's my PFB going to school?)

ZoeQ Fri 15-Apr-16 10:49:58

I found out this morning. Gutted is an understatement. My dc2 was refused a place at dc1's school last year and now dc3 has been refused a place at dc2's school.

SugarSnapPeas77 Fri 15-Apr-16 12:18:19

flowers for those receiving disappointing news . I hope you manage to work it out .

starpatch Fri 15-Apr-16 12:41:15

I'm sorry to hear that Zoe that is rough news

BrightandEarly Fri 15-Apr-16 13:18:07

That's ridiculous Zoe! How can that happen. Is DC3 at least at DC1 school??

thanks

SugarSnapPeas77 Sat 16-Apr-16 15:08:04

We didn't get any of our choices sad

We were allocated the local school which is in special measures hmm

Gutted .

drspouse Sat 16-Apr-16 15:39:53

SugarSnap and Zoe I have started a thread for those who are going on waiting lists and appealing - it's here. Mainly me but also some helpful people helping me, so far!

laughingGnomette Sat 16-Apr-16 16:06:32

I'm so sorry Sugarsnap and ZoeQ. I hope you both get the schools you want eventually.
I'm a north Londoner so will be finding out after 5 on Monday. Eek!

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Sat 16-Apr-16 17:06:54

We don't find out until Monday. 1st choice is a pipe dream, we went shopping today and looked at the uniform for the last choice. Call me pessimistic! Good luck everyone.

jamdonut Sun 17-Apr-16 16:16:16

Sugar snap don't be gutted that the school is in special measures because it will be being monitored closely and having money spent on stuff and very soon a difference should be noticed. It's a horrible situation for the staff, ( been there, done that) but it will be good for the school, and the children in terms of putting right whatever was wrong. And, hopefully, it will be a good school very soon.
Give it a chance?

TinyTear Tue 19-Apr-16 08:57:50

hooray! first choice!

then again i chose as first choice the 2 form entry school with the bigger catchment as i liked it better on visiting than the single form one with the teeny catchment because of 20 siblings sometimes...

dont' get me started on people who move out of the area and then get in for sibling link... grrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now