Pros and cons of Woodford Green Prep and Eastcourt Independent School

(6 Posts)
Janeale Wed 06-Apr-16 22:53:34

My DD recently wrote the 7+ exams and have been offered places at both WGP and Eastcourt. They are both very academic, yet different. Grateful for any feedback on both schools as I need to make a decision soon. Thanks!

Janeale Fri 08-Apr-16 11:26:23

Hello, can anyone give me advise please? See post above. I'm new to Mumsnet, so unsure if my message has been read. Thanks.

Apples11 Fri 08-Apr-16 11:52:30

I know a parent that has children at WGP and are he's happy with the school. Have you visited both school? Will you need to take into account travelling time during the school run etc? What are your options for senior schools.

WGP appears to have a better ISI report and appears to prepare the children for both independent and grammar schools whereas Eastcourt seems to gear towards grammar schools. To be fair, I don't know anything about Eastcourt, just browed their website.

Janeale Fri 08-Apr-16 13:22:34

Thanks for providing feedback, really helpful.. I've visited both schools. However at WGP, didn't get to speak to the teachers. Good point about the school run, glad that WGP offers wrap around childcare. Eastcourt only offers after school care which is on a different site. I think the main issue is that one is walking distance from my house while the other would involve a bit of negotiation on the Central line. In terms of senior schools, would prefer if DD went to an independent school in Central London. Grammar schools are okay, but they appear to be more competitive.

Apples11 Fri 08-Apr-16 13:59:57

if you are looking at indies for senior entry, I would go for WGP. The school do very well in getting their children into the local independents.

We turned down 7+ entry into Bancroft's Prep due to the issue of the school run location and my getting into work on time!

Janeale Fri 08-Apr-16 15:00:26

Yes, like the location of WGP, walking distance to Central Line!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now