year 6 residential school trip - camera?

(12 Posts)
JimAndTonic Fri 18-Mar-16 14:52:17

My DS is getting into photography lately and would like to take a camwra on hus school trip - mobile phones not allowed and i cherish my own camera too much to let it go - so could anyone recommend a decent camera

JimAndTonic Fri 18-Mar-16 15:19:46

Typos above apart blush i possess no lisp i am now wondering if indeed they are actually allowed to take cameras anyway?

Seeline Fri 18-Mar-16 15:23:37

mY DD was only allowed to take disposable cameras on her Y6 trip

teeththief Fri 18-Mar-16 16:08:43

Disposables here too. They weren't allowed 'real' cameras. DS took some great photos once he'd realised he couldn't delete the rubbish ones!

dementedpixie Fri 18-Mar-16 16:12:35

Ours also could only take disposable cameras

callitdelta7 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:16:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk Fri 18-Mar-16 16:46:59

DD took our waterproof shockproof regular camera, and it even came home with her smile. 5 M-pixel version for £30.

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 18-Mar-16 18:42:42

Ours were allowed "real" cameras and dd has her own basic digital camera which she took and thankfully came home again! If he's actually into taking photos maybe it's a good excuse to get home his own?

irvine101 Fri 18-Mar-16 19:33:41

I think if I bought my ds his own camera to take it with him, he will look after it quite well.

Arkwright Fri 18-Mar-16 20:49:35

Only disposables allowed on ours incase they get lost/broken.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 18-Mar-16 20:52:14

As well as what everyone has said about schools only allowing disposables our primary school provided a disc of photos after the residential trip (taken by the staff) so there was no need to take a camera.

MidniteScribbler Fri 18-Mar-16 21:19:36

We allow compact cameras only (no DSLRs), and they are only allowed to be used during certain events. Any of our active events (zip line, absailing, etc) or anything that involves water, then they are not allowed to be brought to. They're also left in our locked camp office at all times when they aren't allowed at an activity (so no risk of photos of people getting changed or in the bathroom). On the camps I go to, I always take my good DSLR and get hundreds of shots which I put on our google drive after editing that the students can download for themselves. I make sure there are several of each student on there so they all get some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now