If you were resourcing a reception outside area......

(9 Posts)
Pipbin Wed 02-Mar-16 08:21:03

what would you put in it.

We have water and sand but nothing much to go in either. The area is far too small for bikes etc.

I need ideas for storage and the stuff that we need.

Pipbin Wed 02-Mar-16 08:21:28

Please and thank you.

MadSprocker Wed 02-Mar-16 16:32:16

I would go on Pinterest and look at the ideas there. I don't know if it's the in terminology any more, but you can have a tuff spot, which is like a big flat tray that you can put different types of construction materials in. Would you have room for crates and planks to balance on? Use your vertical walls and fences and attach drain pipes to roll cars, balls and water down. Create a role play area. Somewhere to sit and read a book. Someone I know used large Jenga bricks and wrote words along the edge to 'build' sentences.

MadSprocker Wed 02-Mar-16 16:34:50

I love this idea.

DonkeyOaty Wed 02-Mar-16 16:35:06

A sail type cover for shelter from the elements

NeatandTidyTidyandNeat Wed 02-Mar-16 16:36:47

mud kitchen is the biggest hit in ours - mud patch, tools for digging, little area of pots and pans and jugs, and you said you already had water. Hours of fun grin

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Wed 02-Mar-16 18:26:30

Definitely mud kitchen and patch for digging.
Some sort of vertical surface for writing skills - using chalkboard paint maybe.
Crates and planks can be used for balancing, but will double up as role play and perhaps large-ish scale construction.
Tuff spot

mrz Wed 02-Mar-16 18:40:27

www.playpods.co.uk great learning resources

Mumteedum Wed 02-Mar-16 18:43:04

DS school have these brilliant sponge stepping stones that make musical sounds when you jump on them. Love those (and the kids do too smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now