Lewisham Schools new to area need help

(6 Posts)
gg188 Tue 23-Feb-16 15:54:34

Hi mums!

I have just moved to the area we are living 5 minutes from St Margrets so you know my location. I am seeking advice on schools as i need to apply for a late application schools, we have just moved back to the country we have been living overseas for 8 years! i grew up in Chislehurst so this area is completely new to me. So far i have looked into John Ball (i know a long shot!) St Margrets, Brooklands (another longshot!) Trinity and brindshie green....does anyone have any experience with these schools or can reccomend any others as i may have missed some?

Thank you in advance.

Georgina

sleepyMe12 Tue 23-Feb-16 16:03:48

Hi have you looked at Wingfield and Ealdham there are fairly close by.
I know some parents whose children attend Ealdham and they seem happy with the school.
Hth x

mrsvilliers Tue 23-Feb-16 16:45:23

Brooklands and B Green probably too far from where you are. How old are your DC and do you go to church? John Ball is pretty huge so you could get there and I do know someone who moved into the area and got St Margarets. Trinity has a bad rep but was recently put under St Margarets head and I have a friend who is very happy with the school. Good luck, hope you get somewhere local.

gg188 Tue 23-Feb-16 22:10:06

my daughter is 4 so starting in september...My 1st choice would be john ball...I don't go to church wasnt sure if st margrets would be an option?

thanks for the advice i will check out the other schools mentioned...

mrsvilliers Tue 23-Feb-16 22:53:06

Iirc St Margarets had five 'distance' places last year so if you are close enough you should be in with a chance. With reception places I didn't think late applications mattered in terms of allocation by distance? But I could be wrong!

lizzytee Wed 24-Feb-16 09:03:12

Worth trying for the church schools as quite a few wait list but require you to reapply (I know someone who got a place at All Saints via this route), worth also considering James Wolfe as it's 4 form entry so likely you'd get a place even if some distance away and in Greenwich rather than Lewisham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now