Education

(3 Posts)
funspot Mon 15-Feb-16 09:54:59

I am a Primary School Teacher who loves her job in the classroom. However, I am now working just one day a week and am starting my own education business.

Offering tutoring in Maths and English to primary aged children, workshops for parents on how to help their child in the primary classroom and selling educational resources that are used effectively in lessons to help children achieve.

I am passionate about children and teaching but after 20 years in the profession are upset at the path education is taking. I feel that there is too much stress on our children!

I would welcome any feedback on whether there may be a need for my services.

Thank you

SquirmOfEels Mon 15-Feb-16 12:22:40

I think there will always be a market for tutoring, especially if you have selective or partially selective schools in your area.

I'm not sure about likely demand for parent workshops.

And selling materials for use in lessons would only work if you were selling to those who conduct lessons (mainly other teachers?) and I don't know how easy it is to persuade schools to switch.

Frogusha Mon 15-Feb-16 12:54:42

I would be interested in a workshop for parents on teaching left-handed children to write. I can see that my daughter is struggling and would like to try to help her early on (she is only 4). Also any ideas on making writing fun.

I'm always on a look out for new educational for my daughter - if something was in the area, and was engaging, I would definitely give it a go.

It's best if there is some outcome, goal to strive for. I would like to know what my child would be gaining - good handwriting, cursive handwriting, vocabulary, reading 1-to-1 (better reading in the end of course), story writing (later on) - something tangible, not just attending another class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now