Year 6 Reward is iPad time?

(7 Posts)
Scroydoncr9 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:32:19

My daughters year 6 class have been told as a reward for working had for their SATS they can take iPhones or tablets into school tomorrow to play on. Am I being unreasonable by thinking this is completely inappropriate especially without consultation with parents first? Help, my daughter hates me as I will not let her take hers in as I think there are better things for kids to be doing at school

irvine101 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:58:35

shock!
What about children who doesn't have them?
I totally agree with you. I wouldn't let my child take it in either.

spanieleyes Thu 11-Feb-16 22:01:59

We have "ipad time" on occasions as a treat, except we use the school ipads which only have educational games on them-my children seem to think 10 minutes of equivalent fractions practice is a treat if done on an ipad and I have 2 seriously addicted to a spelling game confused I certainly wouldn't be letting them bring their own in!

irvine101 Thu 11-Feb-16 22:09:59

Yes, spaniel, my ds's school have computer/ipad time as treat as well.
But as you said, it's school property. I have no problem with that.

TeenAndTween Fri 12-Feb-16 10:42:42

I would not be happy with DCs taking expensive electronic equipment in to school.
School are crazy. What if someone's expensive ipad gets dropped by another child? Can you imagine the arguments over who is responsible?

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sat 13-Feb-16 15:52:32

Perfectly reasonable to have ipad time, not reasonable to expect them to provide the ipads.

scrappydappydoo Sat 13-Feb-16 21:54:58

Hmm - is this coming from your DD or the school? Could she have misinterpreted?
Sorry for hijacking but spaniel could you share the fractions and spelling games? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now