starting school?

(5 Posts)
maz1969 Sun 24-Jan-16 15:16:59

hello my daughter turns 4 on 26th august i have put in for a school place for her to start in september but i'm confused as whether she will start half days at first or full time? thanks

Inkymess Sun 24-Jan-16 15:50:16

It will totally depend on the school. They ate FT places but some schools do 1/2 days at the start for a couple of weeks

StitchesInTime Sun 24-Jan-16 16:06:04

It varies.

DS1's school had every pupil FT from day 1. But there are other schools near us that do part days for a few weeks.

Cric Sun 24-Jan-16 16:09:37

The school will have a set induction period for all and then it is your choice. You may choose full time, part time or defer the entry until later in the year.

Littlefish Sun 24-Jan-16 17:43:08

It's up to you.

The school may have their preferred induction plans which may include all children going part time for a short period of time. However, if you were or like your child to go part-time until the term after they are 5, then you just need to inform the school of your intention.

Alternatively, you can accept the place and then delay taking it up until the summer term.

Your final alternative is to get the school place and then apply to have your child's school start deferred by a whole year. Be aware though that you will have to reapply for the school place next year if you do this. You won't automatically get a place next year just because you got one this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now