school bursary form - anybody has experience?

(4 Posts)
goodusb Thu 21-Jan-16 17:15:16

Please could someone help me - I need to provide evaluation of house contents + possessions and valuables...we just got 2 cars and furniture ...what documentary evidence can I provide for these please? Do I need o include anything else? Thanks

Zazedonia Thu 21-Jan-16 17:21:34

I would estimate how much you would be able to sell those things for. You can look up the cars' values in a magazine you can get in newsagents, and estimate what you might get for the furniture on Ebay. I doubt they will want documentary evidence, particularly of the furniture.

SquirmOfEels Thu 21-Jan-16 17:23:26

Could you try submitting what you have contents insured for?

They're hardly going to be interested in typical contents, more on the lookout for extensive collection of antiques or art.

Lurkedforever1 Thu 21-Jan-16 20:53:38

They don't really care what your furniture cost. They want to know if you have valuble assets you could sell towards the fees. And if its in line with your declared income. I was told the contents insurance was reliable enough. For the car I got a friend who works in a showroom to find out the book price. Check with the bursar, they're all different and in my case the estimates might have been accepted because I'm far from the assets amount and I need a reliable car for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now