Primary school application - ridiculous questions

(18 Posts)
CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 15:49:09

Okay, so I have a stupid question. I am in London (so applying on the eAdmissions site). I have submitted our application.

Looking at the site, it says that a reminder will be sent out a week before. I have not received this - is this because I have already submitted?

Also (sorry, I know this sounds ridiculous), I have had an email titled Confirmation for eAdmissions application which gives me an application reference. This means that I've submitted my application, doesn't it?

PatriciaHolm Mon 11-Jan-16 16:10:48

If you are concerned, can you log back in and check? I did that several times with DDs secondary application!

RatOnnaStick Mon 11-Jan-16 16:19:07

Surely application reference is your proof of application? I don't live in London but last year I could go in to my local authority site and check it with that reference.

CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 16:34:21

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's done. I think it's just that if this was a work thing, I could check with a colleague.

I'm probably just unusually neurotic. Feeling the stress of the 15 January deadline.

BananaDaiquiri Mon 11-Jan-16 18:44:29

From memory I think when you registered there was an option to get a reminder or not, maybe you didn't check the box wanting to receive that?

I think if you have a confirmation reference number, you have applied. You should also be able to log back in and see your status and it should say that you have submitted your application.

CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 19:57:00

Thanks all.

MonsterDeCookie Mon 11-Jan-16 20:08:35

I would call the council to check. I helped our housekeeper do an application for her children and we got a reference number but had NOT submitted it. Have you attached all your supporting documents as well? In my opinion it's not entirely clear when you are 100% done.

CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 21:19:44

Oh God, really? Is your housekeeper in London?

Thing is, the application system is London wide - would someone at my council have access to it?

CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 21:27:16

Okay, so I've logged in again. It says:

Reception application to Islington Council
Submitted Last submitted date: 05/01/2016 21:56
Application Reference: [there is one, but I've deleted it]

starpatch Mon 11-Jan-16 21:47:11

Sounds fine so long as you uploaded the documents . i got a text to tell me i had started mine but not submitted. I'm on e admissions and there is a list of documents you uploaded. I suspect there is a bit of leaway anyway they must have to contact loads of people who didn't upload right stuff. That was reminders were for to upload documents.

cece Mon 11-Jan-16 21:51:47

I've had an email to say I haven't put my council tax reference number and that I need to add it.

MonsterDeCookie Mon 11-Jan-16 22:04:50

Yes, we were using the pan london system. I too thought that because we had a reference number we were done! You are probably fine but I would double check it as that last submit button eluded me until the day they were due and I checked again! I then got really paranoid and called the council to double check because I couldn't believe I missed it the first time!

CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 23:20:57

Was the last submit button at the end of the bit where you enter the child's details (but not the school preferences)?

CruCru Mon 11-Jan-16 23:22:13

I've entered the council tax reference number and included copies of a letter from the doctor, nursery bill and NHS medical card (as we don't get child benefit).

MonsterDeCookie Mon 11-Jan-16 23:33:09

I wish I remembered. The one I did was for secondary and was done in October. My brain can't find that much detail that far back. confused

EcclefechanTart Tue 12-Jan-16 09:38:56

Are the documents just needed for London? I've applied online for elsewhere, and the process sounds the same, but I didn't notice anything about documents...

RueDeWakening Tue 12-Jan-16 18:33:46

Depends - I didn't have to upload any docs for DS1 using eAdmissions, I was expecting to since I'd had to for DD a few years earlier, so called the council. They said that for in-borough applications they now checked council tax records etc internally and only got in touch if they needed extra proof.

EcclefechanTart Tue 12-Jan-16 19:40:24

Ah, that sounds right! Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now