High rise school trousers for boys

(11 Posts)
pbandbacon Mon 28-Dec-15 09:02:45

Do they exist anywhere?! My 5 yo is tall but his height comes from his long back. Trousers don't come up his butt far enough and he spends all day with his pants hanging out. I'm not sure his teachers appreciate all the NMNT action going on there...

irvine101 Mon 28-Dec-15 22:27:04

Is the size right for your ds?
My ds has really small waist, small bum and skinny legs, so normal size one comes up way above his tummy, regardless of brand.
IMO, boys who is always showing their bottom looks like they are wearing a size too small.(Not the length, but waist, bottom, legs).

pbandbacon Tue 29-Dec-15 08:39:13

Thanks - I suppose I could go bigger, but am already hemming up 3-4 inches up on the legs. I would really like to find a pair that fit without all the altering. Wondering if plus fit has a higher rise?

Paperm0ver Tue 29-Dec-15 17:26:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catkind Wed 30-Dec-15 22:02:23

I've got one of those! Actually two, husband is at constant risk of builders' bum too. He's not found a good solution either. If they go up a size the trousers are actually falling down as well. Belts seem to help slightly. I reckon what they need is braces, but they're not convinced wink

Dungandbother Sat 02-Jan-16 10:43:34

I can only add in the opposite

DS is skinny as a rake, wears his trousers under his hip bones and the ONLY trousers that fit are M&S. His has no bottom so most trousers are like clown pants width wise.

So don't buy M&S. All his casual trousers are M&S too. (Or girls jeans from H&M but don't tell DS).

He had one Next pair but they had a higher rise and he didn't like them.

pbandbacon Sun 03-Jan-16 20:56:15

Thanks very much! We have been using M&S and they are definitely not working out for us. A friend also recommended Next, so will try those

pbandbacon Sun 03-Jan-16 20:57:32

bother
very funny re: H&M girl's jeans! grin

RalphSteadmansEye Sun 03-Jan-16 21:00:22

Properly tailored trousers will probably have more depth in the body than fashion cut ones, so make sure they are pleat fronted not flat fronted?

Ds has always had school trousers from John Lewis or Next and they always seemed nice and deep waisted.

pbandbacon Mon 04-Jan-16 13:10:19

Have gone up 2 sizes in Next and they are fitting well around the middle... now to start hemming them up! Will also try pleat fronted. Thanks!

Autumnsky Tue 05-Jan-16 10:00:49

M&S has long, normal and short for same age. So I buy M&S, up a year, but choose their short range. Like if 7ys old, choose 8-9 years , but short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now