Primary school

(6 Posts)
rosiemommy Sun 27-Dec-15 21:21:29

Dear Wycombe folks,
I am new to high Wycombe, currently living in Sands and I am looking forward to finalise my Son's primary school admission for Sep 2016 intake for reception(4 years old). I have to finalise few schools. The things I don't know are about the breakfast and after school clubs.

Now most of the schools are closed and I could not get any one in the primary schools to enquire. I hope someone in this forum can help me with my query.

Does any of the following primary schools don't offer AFTER SCHOOL CLUB AND BREAK FAST CLUB
1. Bledlow ridge school
2. Chepping view primary academy
3. Oak-ridge school
4. Disraeli school
5. Downley school

IF any of the schools don't have it how can I organise After school and breakfast club by myself.

I am wondering what is the difference between wraparound care and after school care? In one of the school website I saw wraparound care but I don't the exact meaning of it.

Thanks and I hope experienced mums can help newbies like me.

writingonthewall Sun 27-Dec-15 22:53:10

Don't know the area but for this one IF any of the schools don't have it how can I organise After school and breakfast club by myself many people use childminders so you might want to contact your local council for a list and then ring around to find out who takes/collects from each school and who has vacancies for before/after school care.

NickNacks Sun 27-Dec-15 22:58:12

Wraparound Care is before and after school care (it 'wraps around' the school day).

tiggytape Mon 28-Dec-15 00:38:27

In many areas local childminders will do school runs and offer care before and after school so it isn't always necessary to find a school with a breakfast and after-school club.
It is also worth noting that just because a school has these facilities doesn't mean they won't be full. At some schools new children will have to wait for spaces to become free before they can use before and after school childcare since there can be limits due to space and staff ratios.

poppy70 Mon 28-Dec-15 02:39:42

Hi most of those schools do not. Have you visited these schools and asked them? Most, if not all, will allow a tour. Because, living in Sands I would at a guess say your nearest school is Millbrook? You are extremely unlikely to get into Bledlow Ridge or Downley... Or I would say Disraeli. Other two would depend on what is catchment to your house?

rosiemommy Thu 07-Jan-16 22:43:29

Many thanks for the prompt reply.
My catchment area school is Millbrook but their performance ranking is lower than other schools and also I couldn't find any parents to give opinion about this school. So I thought of trying out my luck to see if my child can get admission in other schools. I

So far I found only Downley,Disraeli,Millbrook schools got their own After school clubs.
There are not that many child minders for Bledlow ridge schools.

I will try to get list of child minders around these areas to find out.
I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now