Ashdown House Prep School, Sussex

(5 Posts)
BlueSmarties76 Tue 08-Dec-15 09:51:11

I am considering the idea of a small cosy Prep for DS and was wondering about Ashdown House? It appeals to me as its small and cosy and I think it could really hand hold DS in to getting good results, however the ISI highlights quite a few issues (despite excellent exit results).http://isiservice.devprocess.com/DownloadReport.aspx?t=c&r=ADD6208_20150922.pdf&s=6208

Does anyone think I should ignore the ISI and trust to the amazing results, or should I listen to the ISI and steer clear of the school?

I'd love to hear from current parents. Has anyone been unhappy with the school and left? What is the atmosphere like? Is it a hothouse?

BlueSmarties76 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:37:56

Bumping this thread

BlueSmarties76 Tue 19-Jan-16 14:33:01

Bump

Superstar1234 Wed 27-Jan-16 06:51:20

Hi there

Ashdown House seems a nice school, but there are lots of other alternatives in the West Sussex area. I think 'cosy' prep schools are something of a myth and each school whatever their size has pros and cons.

If you are looking for boarding school with lots of boarders, then always worth having a look at Windlesham House where my 2 DS are.

Whatever you are thinking, all schools now offer trial nights where the children can get a 'flavour' of what the schools have to offer. May be worth arranging a few of these a various schools and see how your DS then feels.

Good luck

BlueSmarties76 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:14:35

Thank you. Why do you think 'cosy' Preps are a bit of a myth? I'd be really interested to hear. I'm not concerned with how many kids are in at weekends as I'd actually prefer flexi boarding for as long as possible. The thing I'm really after is somewhere DC can get lots of very individual attention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now