Eaton Square School

(9 Posts)
Sheilamay Wed 25-Nov-15 16:50:49

I just got an acceptance for the Eaton Square School for my boy to start reception next year. He's on the waitlist for Knightsbridge as well. Does anyone have any inside knowledge of this school? It's good points and not so good points? Does it have a good reputation? There is a newish head, Sebastian Hepher who I heard good things. We're new to London and need help!

Floggingmolly Wed 25-Nov-15 16:52:31

Didn't you research it before you applied?

Sheilamay Wed 25-Nov-15 17:08:50

Yes I did Floggingmolly - no need for sarcasm btw - have been doing loads of research. On the surface it seems very solid - and I like they are opening a senior school so the stress of exams are lessened. I just was looking for some insight from current or former parents who sent their children there or from anyone who may offer more information that i simply cannot learn in a short period of time being so new to this area of London.

MMmomKK Sat 28-Nov-15 21:08:57

Both of the schools you mention have similar reputations. They are not too pushy, not the most "academic" ones in the area.
They won't prepare your DS for 7/8+, but it might not be such a bad thing. (I personally think boys are pushed too much, too soon for these exams.)

if you like the feel of the school and HM seems OK - I'd say it's a good sign, and you should trust your gut.

gloriette Thu 04-Feb-16 17:09:52

May I just clarify - is it your understanding that ESS is opening a senior school through to 18 yr? I can't find any info on it. Any thoughts would be very appreciated, as I am considering the school.

contraryMe Fri 05-Feb-16 11:49:40

Sheliamay, are you sure that Eton Sq are OPENING a senior school? The school already goes up to years 7 & 8. Are you getting confused with that?

cherokeee Fri 05-Feb-16 11:58:32

Latest issue of Belgravia Magazine (well known source of facts ;-). ) said Eaton Square is opening a senior school is Sept 2017 at a new premises on Piccadilly

gloriette Fri 05-Feb-16 14:12:16

Confirmed by the School - premises in Piccadilly, overlooking green park, co-ed, Sep 2017 open. Great idea and i expect we will see more and more of these.

primarykids15 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:13:19

I have a child there and I cannot recommend it. Check their website to get an idea of how the school is run & go and have a look around to make your own decision. Grammatical errors from teachers, errors in homework, parent communication & management make it impossible to recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now