Uxbridge Hermitage Primary School or Whitehall? Please help urgently

(7 Posts)
rayofsunshine1 Mon 23-Nov-15 21:32:18

To all Hillingdon Mothers!!
We are relocating to Uxbridge to be closer to my husband's workplace.
My daughter will be transferring in year (year 2) after Christmas. I have read some not so positive things about Hermitage Primary School although it appears to be a cosy primary school.
Can anyone who has children in any of these two schools or have had, please respond and give their opinions/experiences of these schools urgently. I am aware that Hermitage has not HT at the moment however there is a waiting list at all other schools and I am now having cold feet!!
Thank you

paulapantsdown Mon 23-Nov-15 21:40:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

paulapantsdown Mon 23-Nov-15 21:42:06

reading your OP again, I would stick with Hermitage - its is a much happier place now!

rayofsunshine1 Mon 23-Nov-15 22:12:00

thank you so much for your quick reply. John Lock doesn't have a year 2 intake as of yet only year 1 (will increase with each year unfortunately)

Location wise I thought Hermitage would be nice as it is near the sports centre to go across to. Thank you for your reassuring message. I read a few posts about Hermitage that made me panick. My daughter currently attends a lovely school in Barnet but we cannot afford to upgrade here and it only makes sense to move there.

Twistedheartache Mon 23-Nov-15 22:20:09

I liked both when I looked round but chose hermitage for dd because of size & hadn't heard anything good about Whitehall juniors even though head at infants came across brilliantly.
Really pleased with it so far but no idea outside of early years & if it was a major concern new head starts in January.

rayofsunshine1 Tue 24-Nov-15 07:48:55

Thanks for your post.
I am keen on Hermitage because of size too. What year is your child in?
I guess it is good news there is a HT starting in January.
Is there a parents teacher's association?
And active fundraising for school equipment?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone else too.

NK67136abX1225a3f48ce Thu 29-Sep-16 22:42:53

Hi, appreciate this is older thread but hoping you still on here and intrigued as to how you have found hermitage/any other comments as my eight year old due to start in year four next month and really struggled to find recent comments/thoughts on hermitage but most recent ofsted looks good/shows improvement but would love comments from any mums or dads in the know x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now