Cranmore co-ed

(6 Posts)
MarsTwirl Tue 28-Jul-15 17:55:56

Just saw Cranmore is going co-ed throughout.
Surprises me a bit as the only other local all boys' prep I can think of is lanesborough so would have thought it was in demand.
Would you send your DD there?
I heard there are very few girls in the reception class anyway?

AnyExperienceHelpful Wed 29-Jul-15 01:07:18

We went to look at Cranmore for our DS and wouldn't have sent him there so definitely wouldn't consider it for DD. My understanding is that they expanded too quickly and can't fill the places so they had to go co-ed, but IMO it is definitely a boys school and even then it is for a very specific type of boy.

To be honest re:demand, it is quite a difficult school to get to even if you live the right side of Guildford but it has a poor reputation for things such as bullying and favouritism (by the teachers as well as the boys). I have no idea if this is true but the reputation means that some just won't consider it. For us it just wasn't the "right" school, as we walked round we knew our DS would not be happy there.

AMumOfThree Wed 29-Jul-15 20:35:55

Interesting, I had not picked this up. I think it makes a lot of sense for them. There is a pretty limited choice of co-ed prep schools in the area, so it provides a differentiator. Also, a lot of the senior schools it feeds into - City of London Freemans, St Johns, Reigate Grammar, Epsom College etc are also now co-ed.

Truthspeaker Sun 10-Jul-16 20:54:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

pootlepootle Sun 10-Jul-16 20:57:22

If you're this unhappy the best way to deal with it is the internal complaints procedure not restarting zombie threads.

Truthspeaker Sun 10-Jul-16 21:12:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now